What are you learning?

I've just finished learning the Suite for Lute in E minor (BWV 996). It's a transcription (for guitar) by Jose Tomas I got from my teacher, with respect to the original Bach score. No modifications have been made except for suggested fingerings.

Now I'll just need a few years to perfect the pieces and the whole aesthetic part. :p

I've just finished learning the Suite for Lute in E minor (BWV 996). It's a transcription (for guitar) by Jose Tomas I got from my teacher, with respect to the original Bach score. No modifications have been made except for suggested fingerings.

Now I'll just need a few years to perfect the pieces and the whole aesthetic part. :p

Cool, that's on my list of things to learn as well.

I've got a short recital tomorrow, for which I'm playing Sakura (trad. japanese folk song arranged for classical guitar a while back, John Williams made it popular) and Frederic Hand's Study #2 which is a killer piece, see if you can't find a recording somewhere so you can take a listen.

The Raven is way too hard for me... now I'm trying Bed of Razor which is a little more realisticly possible for my skill level :lol: it's going to be challenge but that's good.

I'm learning Heart of a Lion by Racer X. I'm using some Bruce Bouillet scanned tabs for reference so I know it's accurate.

this isn't exactly on topic. but i have a question. what do you guys play to warm up? do you play scales, arpeggios, what kind of excersizes? i'm trying to construct a little warm up routine for myself (cuz i feel like i haven't played in ages, or just haven't been practicing enough) and i thought i could ask you guys for some ideas. i've looked at a lot of alexi's warm up stuff and i don't think i'm ready for a lot of them. so if you guys have tabs on guitar pro or power tabs for your warm up stuff please share! thanks :)

^How can you not be ready for Alexi's warmup stuff? They're easy as hell at low speeds. You need to adapt the warmups so that they feel good to you, you don't have to play them at the speed he plays them. You can basically use anything but big stretches to warmup.

To warm up, I pick up my guitar and play random improv because chances are if it comes out naturally you aren't forcing anything too difficult or pussying out with something uber easy.