What are you learning?

I'm learning that I buy equipment just to be disappointed and resell it on ebay. It's a sickness.

Oh no ! Your one of them ! I just dont have the ear to be so picky. I know what I like and dont like but Im not really really fussy. Im also never quite happy but I just wanna make noise so I dont let things hold me back from having fun. I played through a two twelve Pevey combo with various stomp boxes for a few years and then I got a channel switching amp and felt like a new man. Im a riffer though, if I had better tones for solos it would probably help my attack.

As for ebay, I just did this..... http://ultimateyankees.com/Carvin 4x12 Cabinet (6).JPG

170 bucks, some gas and a day trip down to Long Island should breath new life into my old X100B. I love fuzzys cause no one else doessys. If that was vinyl it would go for 250-300. It would be 400 for a new comparable Carvin cab.

Sweet. I think I'm going to get to see them live this year.

Went to a Christmas show two years ago and it was great. Totally different experience from a typical metal show, but then I really like the work of O'Neill and Oliva. Caffery was pretty cool and is like the frontman between songs, for the second part of that show anyhow. I didnt catch the name of the other guitarist so to this day I dont know if it was Pitrelli or not but I could believe that it was, he was just that much better and smoother than Caffery who is no slouch.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's as kick ass as everyone says it is. I'm not the "metal show" kinda guy, so I don't mind that it'snot a typical metal show. I'm trying to find out who the band will be in each city (I recall hearing at one point that they had two productions on the road at once) so I know who to expect when I go. I'm kinda hoping I get to see Skolnick.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's as kick ass as everyone says it is. I'm not the "metal show" kinda guy, so I don't mind that it'snot a typical metal show. I'm trying to find out who the band will be in each city (I recall hearing at one point that they had two productions on the road at once) so I know who to expect when I go. I'm kinda hoping I get to see Skolnick.

Hmm ? Didint know Skolnick was involved ? I did hear there was two productions just to cover the demand. they play two sold out shows hear in Albany. A day and a night show. I wonder if that was Skolnick I saw ? I know Pitrelli stepped out for a bit, I think maybe during his stay with Megedeth ? I get the facts all twisted up in my overloaded, antiquated, low ram brain...... lol.

what they had when I saw them was a narrator, actually called some other term. then the songs, a hord of vocalists, a small orchestra of locally recuited musicians, that were mostly drowned out by the guitar driven music but still had some presence. They did the Christmas part first, which was a story about a girl and her family that was separated prior to Christmas but finally reunited. Then followed by a more progressive metal show for the second half. I have none of their albums, so I dont really know what I was listening to, I did recogonize the sections used from Savatages Dead Winters Dead which touch on some old classical pieces. I recommend this show to anyone, it was very moving. Worse yet it touched way too close to home as I sat there with my then 16 yr old daughter whom actually bought the tickets and took me.... precious pain, it was an evening of precious pain... doesnt make any sence, I know, and I hope no one ever gets to find out what Im talking about. I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Oh no ! Your one of them ! I just dont have the ear to be so picky. I know what I like and dont like but Im not really really fussy. Im also never quite happy but I just wanna make noise so I dont let things hold me back from having fun. I played through a two twelve Pevey combo with various stomp boxes for a few years and then I got a channel switching amp and felt like a new man. Im a riffer though, if I had better tones for solos it would probably help my attack.

As for ebay, I just did this..... http://ultimateyankees.com/Carvin 4x12 Cabinet (6).JPG

170 bucks, some gas and a day trip down to Long Island should breath new life into my old X100B. I love fuzzys cause no one else doessys. If that was vinyl it would go for 250-300. It would be 400 for a new comparable Carvin cab.

Fuzzies are cool!!!:headbang: That's a good deal!

the nice thing about fuzzys is the durability. When I got my Randall fuzzy half stack back from my friend it was pretty dirty and had been used alot. He was in quite a few bands and it got moved around alot. It was moved alot when I had it but I handle things carefully. A half hour with our carpet/upholstry vac and dog trimmers (ha,ha) and it looked like the day I bought it. If it was vinyl it would have been trashed. My Carvin head is vinyl and it seems everytime I move it I find new dings in the vinyl. I took it to an amp tec to have it serviced and got it back looking like it was used as a workbench.... vinyl looks alot better though... when new or from a distance after the fact. The Carvin Redline 600 bass amp I bought is black fuzz but still needs a meeting with my vac & pet groomer.....

I think I'll practice tonight and see if this little break I took brings new inpirations, I was way off last week and had to give it a break. My palm was bothering me and I just couldnt catch a groove [sigh]

Finally went back and learned CLiffs of Dover this weekend. Kind of embarassed that I didn't know it before considering how much I love the guy. It's like a metallica fan not knowing Master of Puppets or Sandman or something.

Just learning 'II: Palermo' from 'Suite Buenos Aires' by Pujol for my ensemble assessment tomorrow morning, and then I'm finished learning classical pieces for a while, gonna start getting my metal, jazz and fusion chops up...

Yikers... I play guitar, but I've been out of the practicing routine for quite a few years. I rarely practice, but the tunes I've been trying to sloooowwwwly work on are

Jason Becker - Altitudes
Opeth - Bleak
Nightwish - Gethsemane
Nightwish - Passion and the Opera
Children of Bodom - Hate Me!

More loosely over the last 2 months I've been on

Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
Cynic - Veil of Maya
King Diamond - Welcome Home
Megadeth - Holy Wars (solos)
Metallica - Dyers Eve (solos)

Well I'm finished Classical guitar for the time being, so at the moment I'm learning 2 Trans-Siberian Orchestra tunes: O Come All Ye Faithful / O Holy Night, & Christmas Eve / Sarajevo 1224

As well as that, I'm going to start getting back into learning Dream Theater's 'Overture 1928' which I got about halfway through, but never got around to completing...

It's so nice to be giving my Caparison Horus a proper regular workout again... :D

Opeth - The Amen Corner

Children of Bodom - Touch Like Angel of Death

Symphony X - Inferno (Unleash the Fire); introduction

Death - Crystal Mountain

By monday (filling in for a rehearsal and possibly doing the gig a week from monday depending on whether or not the jerk-off who's actually in the group and has had the music for months decides to finally get it together):

The Chicken- Jaco (not sure if it's actually one of his tunes, but that's the one I'm using as a reference and my chart doesn't have the composer written on it)

Big Shoe- a jazz-blues, don't know who the composer is

Pink Panther theme

By tuesday:

Donna Lee- Charlie Parker

im currently learning all the shit songs a guitarist is expected to know so my flatmates will stop looking at me with that "lol he cant even play t3h l1nk1n p4krz!!" look.

Since I'm back playing after 7 weeks of R+R I've been re-learning all the stuff I worked on before my injury. Mainly aload of Racer X stuff.