what are you reading?

Bought today:

Endymion by Dan Simmons
Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons

The Witcher: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

The Runelords: The Sum of All Men by David Farland.

I have too much shit to read.

Not sure what you mean by "next" Wheel of Time book, but Robert Jordan (or at least his real life meat puppet) is very, very dead. So I advise waiting for something else.

well, i'd advise you to check up some info first... jordan was actually animated into a zombie author so that he could release the rest of the books.

no, but another author got the job to finish the series along with jordan's wife and his substantial notes regarding the last book (which has been split up into three books because of the length :p). the first one was released last autumn and the second one is coming this autumn.

recently finished: The Passage (Juston Cronin). Well written (author is a professor of English) but dragged too long in some parts.

Heat Lightening and Dark of the Moon (two diff. books) both by John Sandford. I can't say enough good things about this author. I've read all of his Pray novels, nearly 20 of them, and they're all brilliant. This series, though, tells the tales of one of the supporting characters of the Pray novels, a cop named Virgil Flowers. Sandford's prose has always been great to me. He doesn't waste whole pages describing the fucking scenery. His strength is dialogue. Always has been. Highly recommended.

Currently reading Prince of Thieves, which has recently been renamed The Town and made into a movie, which I haven't seen yet, but am eager to. The story so far is fucking awesome because it's so believable. Chuck Hogan is another author who excels at giving his reader realistic, hard driven dialogue; in this case with the Bostonian slang in full force. Half way though and its wonderful.

Reading Lord of Chaos, the sixth book of the Wheel of Time series. I'm a huge fan of the series and consider the best epic fantasy series ever. LoTR ain't got shit on WoT. The books are very descriptive and really immerse you unlike any other books I've ever read. The worlds are rich and I find it amazing how much much lore Jordan has created. :D

The series is definitely great, but very much dragged on in the later books. I've been buying the new collabs since he died, but haven't read them since I have to basically re-read the entire series in order to.

When you finish WoT, I have a few recommendations that will - with all due respect to Mr. Jordan - blow that series out of the water. :)

I just finished two books - The Last Apocalypse by James Reston Jr, a history of the transition from paganism to Christianity in turn-of-the-millennium Europe, and David Benioff's City of Thieves, a fictionalized version of the author's grandfather's experiences as a teenager in Leningrad during WW2. Both excellent. Reston wrote a great biography of Richard the Lionheart and Saladin that made me want to read pretty much all his other stuff, and Benioff strikes a very particularly Russian tone in what is basically a work of American pop fiction. He's one of the producers of the Game of Thrones HBO series, and this made me even more sanguine about that.

Next up? I should probably reread The Name of the Wind now that the sequel is coming out soon, but I'm not really excited about it. Any suggestions?

When you finish WoT, I have a few recommendations that will - with all due respect to Mr. Jordan - blow that series out of the water. :)

I just finished two books - The Last Apocalypse by James Reston Jr, a history of the transition from paganism to Christianity in turn-of-the-millennium Europe, and David Benioff's City of Thieves, a fictionalized version of the author's grandfather's experiences as a teenager in Leningrad during WW2. Both excellent. Reston wrote a great biography of Richard the Lionheart and Saladin that made me want to read pretty much all his other stuff, and Benioff strikes a very particularly Russian tone in what is basically a work of American pop fiction. He's one of the producers of the Game of Thrones HBO series, and this made me even more sanguine about that.

Next up? I should probably reread The Name of the Wind now that the sequel is coming out soon, but I'm not really excited about it. Any suggestions?

I look forward to reading anything that can blow Jordan out of the water. :D Thanks for the recommendations. I may get flamed for this, but I really recommend the Left Behind series based on Revelations from the Bible. Yeah, I don't believe in the God shit, but I found it to be a thoroughly entertaining series with quite a bit of action. :hotjump:

Borrowed this from my friend the other day:

Keith-Richards-book-cover-Life.jpg

Gonna read it this upcoming weekend :hotjump:

i have started Atlas Shrugged, and Frankenstein, and now that I am done with school for a few weeks, I will hopefully be finishing both.