what are you reading?

burgess.jpg

image001.jpg

P-M-B-9781405312790.jpg

And it's a good one. Take your time with it, though.

I have listened to many interviews about his memoir, so I know what to expect as far as unfortunate and heart-wrenching events. What interests me is his gradual crossover in political ideology, and the contradictions that make Christopher Hitchens such an interesting fellow.

Attempting to read Conrad's Heart of Darkness, and then Rand's Atlas Shrugged. That one is gonna be a summer long read, shit's longer than the bible.

Ah during that time I did finish off C.J. Sansom's 'Shardlake' series, was rather good.

received in the mail over the past two days:

religion explained - pascal boyer
the passage - justin cronin
greatest show on earth - richard dawkins
varieties of religious experience - william james
the road - cormac mccarthy
darwin's dangerous idea - dan dennett

currently reading: 36 arguments for the existence of god (a work of fiction) - rebecca goldstein, (steve pinker's wife)

These days I´m mostly reading this collected works of Nietzsche book, entitled The Portable Nietzsche. It contains many of his most important writings, such as; The Antichrist, Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Twilight of the Idols. Excellent stuff!
I´ve also been reading Arthur Schopenhauer´s The world as will and representation, but I´m not sure I´ll finish it. It´s not as interesting as I thought it would be, too Kantian.

Yeah. The way it was first mentioned to me made it seem like a ha ha joke. I was busy with other things at the time so I never bothered to check it out. Hitchens is great though.

^ yep, I went and saw him give a public interview in DC 2 weeks ago and had my book signed too.
(not that I'm too big on book signing, but it was a good chance to actually exchange a few words with Hitchens for a few minutes and sort of get a compliment from him within those few minutes :loco: :lol: )

I love him too.

Have you read any other books by him ?

^ yep, I went and saw him give a public interview in DC 2 weeks ago and had my book signed too.
(not that I'm too big on book signing, but it was a good chance to actually exchange a few words with Hitchens for a few minutes and sort of get a compliment from him within those few minutes :loco: :lol: )

I love him too.

Have you read any other books by him ?

God is not Great and one other I think.