What band could be bigger than Strato?

I was thinking about Falconer too a bit. They're great.....I just haven't heard their new album (aka their music with the new singer). If they came out to prog-power that would encourage me to get that new stuff.

And it looks like they're due for a new album this year. Of course......so is Arcturus. And I really can't wait for August.

The Sceptre Of Deception came out in 2003 with Kristoffer Gobel on vocals. If you like or love the first two, this one doesn't disappoint. This band led by Stefan Weinerhall just smokes on every release. Too band thay never got the recognition for it.

rnr steve

Wayniac said:
Trust me - just wait it out - you most likely won't be disappointed. Maybe some surprises, but not disappointment.
I mean, think about all the stuff Glenn has pulled off in the last few years in relation to this festival... ;)

No Offense to Glenn, as i KNOW he works hard at putting together a line up for all... but right now it's gonna take a alot to get me truly excited...

Evil said:
No Offense to Glenn, as i KNOW he works hard at putting together a line up for all... but right now it's gonna take a alot to get me truly excited...

Evil,

I appreciate that you used the word "all" in your remarks. Perhaps, it's just not your year. Hopefully, I'll see you in 2006.

cheers,

Glenn

Big Al 2112 said:
I get it!!!! The Pooper is your version of The Trooper!!! I remember your story about how bad you sucked!!!!! Don't worry, I probably couldn't do any better. Where is my cookie!!

\m/

Sorry for the late delay I was without the net for the weekend. Well, Im too lazy to pack up a fresh bakery pastry so hows about we buy some beers at Prog Power? That sounds like a plan.

Hahah, man seriously though thats cool you recognized that.
Ben

Let me just take a few stabs in the dark here,......

My money is running on Blind Guardian as the bigger "draw" than Strato, but just a hunch.

As for some other possibilities (for other slots besides the #1),....Kevin Moore (and I think Matheos) has stated that work on a second OSI disc is underway, and I think I've read on the Chroma Key site that they (KM) would tour, too.

Porcupine Tree's new disc "Deadwing" is due out shortly and they could be a possibility,.....Vanishing Point should have their new one done and out by the time we get to the shows,....

Also, every fest has had one Inside Out artist on it and I haven't seen one listed yet out of the four mentioned,.....What about a Transatlantic reunion?

Personally, I'd love to see another return visit by Threshold but from what I've read, it doesn't seem to be in the cards this time,...

Also, Arena are said to be touring starting in the September time frame,.....

Just some random thoughts

I don't think it's going to be Blind Guardian. At this point, Glenn said that we're looking at a no-returning-bands lineup. The only change to this, as I understand it, would be if the #1 spot band he has planned doesn't get the deal finalized....like what happened with the would-be one returning band.

Transatlantic is great music and all...but I wouldn't want to be pumped from a more metal band and then have good old mellow Transatlantic come onstage.

I didn't know OSI is working on another album, I'll have to keep my ears open for that.

Killerpuppies said:
Also, every fest has had one Inside Out artist on it and I haven't seen one listed yet out of the four mentioned.....

Say, good point. IntroMental and Laser's Edge are already representin' with Circus Maximus, and the other bands so far are being sponsored by regular patrons. I'd be surprised not to see InsideOut represented somewhere.

I still think the #1 slot will be a returning band. I can't see Glenn. I mean why would a band be offered #1 or nothing? (unless of course they said, "we're headlining or not playing at all.") I think the band for #1 is a returning band and If they decide its a no go with the show then Glenn will rearrange some slots perhaps and bring in a new band.

But he says it's not. He says that right now, we're looking at a lineup with no returning bands. That's only going to change if he doesn't get the headlining band he's trying to get.

DementiaGuitar said:
Transatlantic is great music and all...but I wouldn't want to be pumped from a more metal band and then have good old mellow Transatlantic come onstage.

Well, the only reason I mentioned it was that we've truly seen a LOT of "Power" announced so far (Strato, Manticora, and I think Therion is borderline both Prog and Power), so I was thinking "Prog" since Glenn has said he likes to maintain a balance of both.

I know some folks have mentioned James Labrie's band (formerly Mullmuzzler) as being an option as well, so, maybe that's the big surprise/shock that we're waiting for.

I'm starting to warm to the Accept reunion rumors as being a leading possibility too.

Da Pup :p

Killerpuppies said:
Well, the only reason I mentioned it was that we've truly seen a LOT of "Power" announced so far (Strato, Manticora, and I think Therion is borderline both Prog and Power), so I was thinking "Prog" since Glenn has said he likes to maintain a balance of both.

I know some folks have mentioned James Labrie's band (formerly Mullmuzzler) as being an option as well, so, maybe that's the big surprise/shock that we're waiting for.

I'm starting to warm to the Accept reunion rumors as being a leading possibility too.

Da Pup :p

Actually, I would count Therion as more "Progressive" than "Power" and I would certainly qualify Circus Maximus as "Progressive" over "Power", so I think it's been pretty even so far.

Daybreaker said:
Sorry for the late delay I was without the net for the weekend. Well, Im too lazy to pack up a fresh bakery pastry so hows about we buy some beers at Prog Power? That sounds like a plan.

Hahah, man seriously though thats cool you recognized that.
Ben
Yeah I remember the story but I can't remember where I read that. Where did you post that story? I know you are on several boards as well as being a reviewer at metalreviews. Weren't you also the one that drove Jon Schaffer to a Wal-Mart down in Texas. I went to the three Texas shows this summer. They were all great. Later!!

Big Al :headbang: