What band do you love but hate the singer???

JonnyD said:
I always liked Steve Souza Better myself!

I can't stand either, that's why I never got into Exodus.

BTW I have the same problem with Bobby Blitz
p046.gif

Wyvern said:
I can't stand either, that's why I never got into Exodus.

BTW I have the same problem with Bobby Blitz
p046.gif

Alot of ppl have that same problem ... But Blitz is a very cool person!!! that and hell I'm used to you not liking most of the bands I do! its normal!:D

JonnyD said:
Alot of ppl have that same problem ... But Blitz is a very cool person!!! that and hell I'm used to you not liking most of the bands I do! its normal!:D

And viceversa :lol:

JD you ARE the coolest looney of this asylum, I love you bro!:wave:

Death, not up until recently Chucks vocals started getting on my nerves. He sounds like a retard taking a shit. Always thought he was a crappy vocalist but lately almost can't tolerate them.

I love King Diamond's vocals. KD,Mercyful Fate have the greatest music to grace metal imo.

Bryant said:
I can think of many examples, but the ones that stand out are:

Axl Rose Guns and Roses. Though they appealed to the "masses" and the lead vocalist is 98% of the reason popular bands get their recognition, I think the groove and style of the band could have lived without his annoying vocals.

We seem to agree on beer :D most of the time, but singers nooo ;)
AXl is very :cool: in my book and is G*N*R IMO :p

-Torben-

Well I don't know how Bobby's vocals are now. But I wonder why he went to high
pitched vocals on Horrorscope the music was great but I just never got used to
that newer voice. I loved Overkill, Taking Over and Fuck You? Is he still singing in that kind of style John?

#1_Droogie said:
I know i'm gonna get some shit for this one.....but I cant stand Paul Baloff's singing on Bonded By Blood......but he isnt that bad live....

wow, that is the first time I hear something like that about baloff. He was the only singer in my top 5 singers list that I had never heard anybody talk bad about.

yes, his singing is very different live, however the intensity is always there.

baloff :worship:

oh yeah, and remember when I used to talk hecka shit about metallica, well most of that came from the singer: hetfield I think, I still care not for the music but the singer makes it so annoying.

KMADD said:
Well I don't know how Bobby's vocals are now. But I wonder why he went to high
pitched vocals on Horrorscope the music was great but I just never got used to
that newer voice. I loved Overkill, Taking Over and Fuck You? Is he still singing in that kind of style John?

He sounds barely anything like he did on those albums! in fact IMO he sounds much better now ... I am a GIGANTIC Overkill fan but I dont really like the sound of his Vocals on the Early albums For me my Favorites Are Decay and Up! and I personally feel Horrorscope was Kinda weak too

ZoMb!M@N said:
Are you serious? Horrorscope is one of my favorites. Everything from the beginning, before I Hear Black, was great. Then, they didn't do anything outstanding until From the Underground......

I am Dead Serious! There are a ton of classics on that record that are Fantastic live But the drum sound just kills it for me ... I love The years of Decay, I hear Black, Wide Fuckin Open, The Killing Kind, Bloodletting, Killbox 13, RelixIV, And the Live Records, Overkill IS my ALLTIME Favorite band I mean hell I got the Bat with the Band name tattoed to my body I LOVE THIS BAND!... I just dont care for the production values or blitz's vocals on the first 3 albums and That shitty snare on Horrorscope

Do you know if they still record at Pyramid Studios? I met Bobby at a freaking convenience store in Ithaca, NY while they were recording Taking Over. Cool guy, think he scared the clerk though

ZoMb!M@N said:
Do you know if they still record at Pyramid Studios? I met Bobby at a freaking convenience store in Ithaca, NY while they were recording Taking Over. Cool guy, think he scared the clerk though

hahah Damned if I know! I will look at the cd case if I remember and let ya know ... Bobby is the Coolest!!! the bastard truely Loves his fans and will drop whatever he is doing to chat for a few Very cool guy indeed! I have met him on a few different ocasions

Wheezer said:
The Who and any group of musicians that Bob Dylan hooks up with. Is there anyone, anywhere that likes his version of "All Along the Watchtower" better than Hendrix's? Nevermind the light years of difference in the arrangement...

Ha ha ha The Who !! They actyually had some brilliant rock and roll songs, but man Daultry should have let Townsend sing more songs. Roger is a cool rocker guy, but he couldn't sing for shit.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
I was wondering why you hadn't shoot me yet :lol: (see I'm not bashing the musicians, just the vox :cool: )

Ha ha ha had I not loved Wolf's playing from the first time I heard him, I probably would not like Accept. It took many listens to enjoy Udo, but now I think he is great.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Try Tad Morose. Urban Breed is one of the best vocalists and performers in the business.
Bryant

I second that. The last three -- Modus Vivendi, Matters of the Dark, and Undead are easily the best of theirs, IMO.