what do you do?

I'm in my 5th year of University and next year I'll be teaching high school students about Satan...

Hang on... I meant English and History. ;)

I work as an engineer(no, i can't fix your fridge/tv etc) in a 3D graphics card design company, programming and coding up simulators. Did my 4 year's of time at university and now earn money. Am also still as skint as I was at university. Apart from that I attempt to write music :)

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
I work as an engineer(no, i can't fix your fridge/tv etc) in a 3D graphics card design company, programming and coding up simulators. Did my 4 year's of time at university and now earn money. Am also still as skint as I was at university. Apart from that I attempt to write music :)

Does "skint" mean broke/very poor?

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
I'm studying in senior high, I'm just finishing my second year and my final exams start this autumn. Next summer it should all be over :)

Here's a truth for you.

Next summer it will all BEGIN. ;)

I just got ANOTHER crap job after losing my last one at the end of last year (christmas/new years was a blast :rolleyes: ) I'm only planning on holding this job until a particualr engineering firm calls me back and offers me a draftsmans job where I can continue my education, as I am currently one year into a Bachelor in Engineering......

I got a degree in Audio Engineering and now do computer support at Dartmouth College in NH. my work has nothing to do with my degree, but I produce CDs for local groups and musicians on the side with my own home "studio". i should have majored in computer programming or something that would make more $$, but we're doing OK for now. my wife is a potter, but still works in a local ski/bike (seasonal) sportshop. i play guitar, listen to metal, and read books about anything dark/evil/vampire related.

-iz

IZ
and read books about anything dark/evil/vampire related. Did you like Anne Rice's series?

Phil
I work in a drugs warehouse, play in a band, drink a lot of beer, listen to metal, browse the internet & sleep. That is my life, and I'm proud of it! :eek: DAAAAAammnn! I think I'm happy for ya! :lol:

req
Hang on... I meant English and History. Satan's little helper.

Graduating in a few weeks -> Computer Engineering
Starting on my Master of Informatics studies this fall.

I do a lot of webdesign/programming and create images (graphic
art as some like to call it) in my spare time. Listen to music ALL
the time. In college and at home. Chat a lot with my metal friends.
Just broke up with my girlfriend of 5 1/2 yrs. Guess I'll be out
doing some hunting in a while. Partying!
... and lots of other stuff that will bore you.

But let me tell you: I have no metal friends where I live now, and that SUCKS! :mad:

Originally posted by Opet
IZ
and read books about anything dark/evil/vampire related. Did you like Anne Rice's series?

Yeah, we have all of her vampire chronicles and most of her other books. I still haven't read her latest one "Blood and Gold" that is the story of Marius, but it's probably next. we're big Rice fans, my wife more so than me actually. you'd never know it to look at her, though. i'm currently finishing the book "The Club Dumas" that the movie "the Ninth Gate" was based on, and it's one hell of a dark mystery, suspense ride. very demonic book, i read it so fast cuz the plot kept me turning the pages, check it out.

-iz

Originally posted by Lordenlil
I have no metal friends where I live now, and that SUCKS! :mad:

That's EXACTLY my situation! it does indeed suck. I live in a fucking preppy ivy league college town, and finding people of any substance is damn near impossible. i do have some very cool friends, but none of them can handle real metal, or should i say anything more aggressive (talented) than LP, Bizkit, or Godsmack.

i feel you pain.

-iz

Keep it up Izual.

I recently made friends with people that like alternative and 70's stuff, I am in their band also. I let our vocalist borrow Orchid, Atheist-Piece of Time, and Celtic Frost- Parched with Thirst Am I Dying?

He said he likes Opeth, and I haven't heard his opinion on the others yet. I'm going to be sure to let him borrow more metal CD's. Just find someone who likes music that isn't just popular music, and you can easily get them into metal :D

Good luck!