What do your friends/family think of metal?

My dad likes some glam\hair. Van Halen, KISS (If they fit under this category). He likes some Metallica and Black Sabbath also.My
mom likes some Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, and my sisters hate it. Most of my friends like it.

My parents hate it, my Dad thinks Metal has influenced me to be an atheist and "brainwashed me" while I was one before I got into Metal. He told me to "Turn that Devil-Worshipper shit off" when he heard Mikael Akerfeld growling on Opeth's "Ghost of Perdition" when I was listening to it in the living room on Sirius. :lol: I haven't told them I record death metal music or do death growls, it doesn't matter unless I start playing live. My friends...some hate it all-out, ok, most hate it, but they know I listen to it from my car going by near, my black friend I posted a pic of me and him, he doesn't care, I've played Deicide, Nile, Suffocation, Emperor, and Satyricon around and he doesn't mind. I have a friend who is a girl a couple years younger still who's still in high school who likes all kinds of music including Metal and she even knew who Nile was when she seen my Nile shirt and the same with Deicide, though she's into stuff like Underoath and Bullet For My Valentine too, but I seen her today and she was wearing a Metallica Master of Puppets shirt and told me she loves my Nile shirt which is very cool. :) I let her listen to my death metal music I record too, there's very few people around here who get the kind of music I do but luckily I'm frienda with someone who is, but generally everyone else hates it.

My parents were quite alarmed when I got into metal around 86-87. Especially as the ruckus emanating from my bedroom got more and more noisy and extreme as time went on. I remember my mother coming in to ask me something when I was jumping around to Venom's Black Metal, and she looked at me like I was possessed or something. Then there was the infamous moment of horror when they discovered that I listened to a band called "Sodom"... :err:

My parnets dont care much. My parnents like opeth...

My friends hate it. I cant wear band shirts in front of them without being mocked so now no more band shirts.

But i am not really a metal fan for those who know my music tastes so it doesnt matter much.

^It's really looking like the only shirts I'm going to be buying are band shirts, I got a few in mind and it's my favorite kind of shirts to wear.

My family is ok with it. Rap seems to be the only form of music my dad hates, and my mom is indifferent. My brother doesn't see anythig wrong with me listening to metal. He used to listen to some metal a long time ago, but then he got into other stuff relatively soon. My friends don't mind me listening to metal, and some of them think it's cool.

I get odd looks all the time on the bus. Looks like it's about time for a certain overkill shirt. My friends don't care, or they are metalheads themselves.

But, if people don't like what you listen to or wear, they can go fuck themselves. It's your life, not thiers.

My parents are completely indifferent/oblivious to it. A good portion of my friends/acquaintances enjoy metal, but the rest of them either flat out hate it, or listen to Dragonforce and think that makes them know something about metal.

Well Im 27yrs old now so my parents could give a shit what I do or listen to, but my mother is the sole purpose for my music addiction. She started me off w/ the psychedilic stage of The Beatles and she loves Led Zeppelin. I got her into Joe Satriani awhile back. As far as metal...probably not, but she's pretty open minded.
The old man loves Sabbath, Blind Faith, Seger n'shit like that.
Ive got few friends that love metal...but not enough. They mostly like metalcore but few love BM/and ProgressiveMetal. Its rare I talk to anyone who enjoys everything I like. Id rather shoot the shit about music than anything else. I should just quit this hellhole and open up a 24hour Metal store that sells beer:lol:

Man, this is a young place. My parents this, my parents that...

My son (13) is really starting to develop his musical taste which includes some metal. My wife likes some harder music, but most power or traditional metal she thinks is dated and generic, and she hates death/black metal vocals.

ack