What do your friends/family think of metal?

Man, this is a young place. My parents this, my parents that...

My son (13) is really starting to develop his musical taste which includes some metal. My wife likes some harder music, but most power or traditional metal she thinks is dated and generic, and she hates death/black metal vocals.

ack

I can't believe she thinks NWOBHM is "dated/generic"

what the fucking fuck? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Metal is psycho and talentless screaming@@@@@@@@@@@@@
it turns you into murderers and makes you st00pid!!11one!1shiftone1!
Metal is emo, noob.

My friend who I play in a band with is helping me record some black metal songs I wrote. I'm using his home studio and he's doing the editing and production and all. And he actually likes the music. However, I have not laid down the vocals yet. Musically, it's melodic sucidal black metal in the vein of Abyssic Hate, mixed with some death metal and doom metal elements. I think that the vocals are the main thing that turn many people off from metal.

SHUT YOU FAT FUCKING FACE YOU ANOREXIC CUNT!!!!! EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!!

...Sorry. You reminded me of this bitch who said that to me. Thats what I was thinking in my head. Dumb cunt listened to pop/rap....GRRRRR....

most people who listen to pop/rap have IQs below 50. they don't know any better.

you're a fucking idiot. Do you even know what below 50 IQ is?

not to mention pop/rap has nothing to do with intelligence, it just means one knows nothing of music/has shit taste in music.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

And fellas, it's been proven that thiers a high percentage of intellectuals/geniuses that listen to metal (as opposed to other genres) They did a study and everything.

And metal is the closest modern relative of classical music, with complex structures and mood manipultion methods to the classics.

And classical music kicks ass.

And fellas, it's been proven that thiers a high percentage of intellectuals/geniuses that listen to metal (as opposed to other genres) They did a study and everything.

And metal is the closest modern relative of classical music, with complex structures and mood manipultion methods to the classics.

And classical music kicks ass.

jazz and prog rock are much more technical/complex than most metal, especially jazz

and I have seen those "studies", they are full of shit 99.9999999% of the time

As is your vagina.

And i'm sorry, but your full of crap. Go make some money and stop wasting bandwith here.

so now you have to resort to 3rd grade attacks as you have no real argument at all?

metal listeners aren't any more intelligent than the general public. For fuck's sake, many metalheads are alienated teenagers who basically fail at everything and turn to metal for comfort.