what does your girlfriend/wife think of you listening to opeth

My g/f went to the Chronology 3 hour show with me and enjoyed it.
She's not the type to listen to metal much at all tho', but says Mikael has a unique and beautiful voice.

spot on with me. except me gal does dabble a little in the heavier music.

My ex wasn't a fan, but she did purchase Lamentations DVD for me. I left a copy of Still Life at her house, doubt she's listened to it.

My woman deals with it. She says that they're not too bad and she likes Damnation, and she got me the special edition of Watershed, which was fucking awesome.

Mine seems to like them quite a bit, she generally has good taste in music...I think I'd find it hard going out with a girl who didn't have at least some kind of appreciation for the music that I listen to, as music is such a big deal for me. She bought me the Watershed special edition the day it came out as an out of the blue present. I was definitely stoked about that!

I'm a girl... and my boyfriend says Opeth are boring. (I don't like this thread title, you can be female and an Opeth fan! Generalisations for the lose.)

l_00036620.jpg

Haha! :D

^haha. I've dated girls in the past who have been into them. In the relationships I've had it hasn't been an issue as the girls I've dated either haven't minded or like them. I listen to basically every genre except rap/hip hop. So with the amount of bands I listen to there's a pretty high chance I'll musically have something in common with most girls. In my book a girl with a good taste in music isn't essential, but if it's of good taste it surely earns extra points.

The missus is in to the likes of Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguillera and Blue so she isn't a fan of Opeth or the other music i listen to. She thinks im a fart for listening to prog, but oh well.........in my car and in my house its my rules and my music so she has to listen to Opeth like it or not. She reckons she's good at blocking out stuff she doesn't like to hear...........fucking tell me about it!! :lol:

i have yet to find a guy who likes opeth, let alone a girl (in my area). i know a few fans online.

iv had my gf admit they are talented musicians. and she appreciates that and all. she loves all my other bands i listen too. k except daylight dies. basically anything with growling she think sucks.