what does your signature mean?

dragonfu

Father Figure
May 14, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
this thread may crash and burn quickly
usually the signatures on a site like this have some special meaning that reveals something of the person. if you would care to share i would like to hear about them or at least translate them into english :erk: so i can ponder the meaning :loco:

"it's not about hanging on...it's about letting go"

a friend that i used to rock climb with told me this. i never really
understood it until i was climbing in scotland.
i had been bouldering and hiking all day when i saw what looked like an easy line. i was soloing up a face that turned into a nightmare. i was about 50 ft up it when it got really nasty and i was getting blown out. i couldn't climb down and didn't think i could go on. if i didn't do something i would eventually fall and then it hit me. i finally understood. i let go of my fears and went for it and made it to the top. ever since then i've tried to live my life by this.

Its a prayer (in Latin) that was common among british monks during the Viking age...

It basically says, "Oh Lord deliver us from the Norsemen's Wrath".

A friend drew the Satan Snoopy for me a while back. The Flying Ace Snoopy is from a link Noga sent me. Actum est de me is a saying in Latin. Everything in my sig is linked to wonderful pictures.....don't click on the Flying Ace Snoopy. :p

Mine is a quote from Anthrax's song 'Superhero'

But it fits me as a person. It's how I feel. I used to be the go to man. The one who'd always help you out and back you up. You know, the wingman. But my help was returned w/ constant dicking. So fuck it. I say no more. I'm out only for me and mine. Henceforth, Once upon a time I would do anything....for anyone....at anytime....and all I ever asked for was your faith. Is that too much to ask?

With most....apparantly so.

Mine's just a bunch of drivel meaning I'm a sarcastic bitch and reading my posts aren't worth your time.

My signature is a quip from a Vanden Plas song, but I get a weird (but cool) vibe everytime I hear it. Although I don't subscribe to any particular religion, I do believe in the prophecies (that is in many religions) that state the world will end in war. Winning the final war has no true winners, but it sort of emulates the mindset of the ones who started it in the first place as it was perceived by someone who lived through it. Vanden Plas has oustanding lyrics.

Bryant