What don't you "get"?

OfSinsAndShred said:
...Now you're just showing off. :lol:

:lol: it was a public after party, its not like anyone couldn't have heard him say the same thing in conversation...

Anyway, heres one that stems from some recent posts in the off topic thread...

What I don't get is how some people can be apathetic towards politics. I don't mean serious enough interest to pursue a career in it or anything (I'd certainly never do that), or even spending all day debating on political blogs or whatever, but I personally can't imagine *not* being at least up to date on whats going on in the world and actually having a stance on issues that are important to me, and given the chance to voice my opinion I will do it.

:lol: matt, i just wrote a rant on a different thread about how much i don't care about politics and my general apathy towards world events.

To reiterate very quickly, i just don't care.

By the way, i'm fairly sure tom is wrong unless wacken doubled in size over the last year. Every year i have gone it's been 40-50,000 people max. As far as i know, they don't make more tix than that available. I'll keep researching though, and if there are 80,000 people then so be it.

Fakerofdeath said:
It is? I thought this attrocity was only really popular in America.
Japan is a big country which many people, with different taste. A few exchange students from Japan came here and they were all into rap. In my area in Australia you have the "arabs' (best description) and black dudes who love there rap and techno. Then you others that like Emo shit. America pop culture is quite large around the world and it usually follows. Considering Australia is very much Americanised we have the same trends, just a little later.

The World Series of Dice is one of the best skits ever.

"Uhh oh, and the game gets robbed. Local thug Rodney "Quills" Dinkins breaking into the Marcie Projects hall and telling everyone to get "buck naked"

Ok, I'm not Mr. Politically Correct, but you need to remember this an official forum. I'm not going to put up with racial epithets here. Jax can rule on this when she returns. I know you're reapeating lines said on the show, but I've deleted the offending posts. I've had a really bad weekend, don't "Phuck" with me. My ban finger is really itchy.....
Thanks in advance for your cooperation..

J-Dubya

Following on from something Alexander*_Reborn said in the Friday Five thread, I don't get outsourcing. If there's one thing that makes me put the phone down faster than a sales call in the evening, it's a sales call in the evening from someone speaking my language poorly and with a thick accent. Unless they were a pirate.

And if there's one thing that makes me put the phone down faster than that, it's one of those automated sales calls or "you have won x" in an obviously pre-recorded voice. In the evening.

Fakerofdeath said:
The World Series of Dice is one of the best skits ever.

"Uhh oh, and the game gets robbed. Local thug Rodney "Quills" Dinkins breaking into the Marcie Projects hall and telling everyone to get "buck naked"
I personally like White People Dancing the most. :lol:

J-Dubya 777 said:
Ok, I'm not Mr. Politically Correct, but you need to remember this an official forum. I'm not going to put up with racial epithets here. Jax can rule on this when she returns. I know you're reapeating lines said on the show, but I've deleted the offending posts. I've had a really bad weekend, don't "Phuck" with me. My ban finger is really itchy.....
Thanks in advance for your cooperation..

J-Dubya
I see that my post was in fact deleted, for it did have the N word in it, but that was only because the Chepelle joke I was quoting would've lost alot of the sting without the N word. I just wanted to point that out.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I see that my post was in fact deleted, for it did have the N word in it, but that was only because the Chepelle joke I was quoting would've lost alot of the sting without the N word. I just wanted to point that out.

Did I NOT point that out in my post, that you guys were repeating stuff from the show? Bottom line, this is an official band forum, and that won't be tolerated here. Period....If Jax or Deron want to change it, then fine. I have a feeling I'll have their support.

J-Dubya

Beelzebub said:
It's cheaper than domestic labor.
My point was that I give them even less of my time, and I don't think I've talked to anyone who's particularly impressed by having to decipher a conversation that's supposed to be selling them something, so outsourcing could be losing these companies customers rather than benefitting them.

That's nothing against the employees making the calls, just that if I'm going to be sold something or get technical support, I need to be speaking to someone fluent in English.

I don't get being offended by racial slur, especially when it's from someone you don't have a personal relationship with. I mean do you really care about someone's opinion when you don't even know them? The validity of someones opinion or use of word drops far below caring levels when i'm talking to someone I don't know and/or respect.

theVikingR said:
My point was that I give them even less of my time, and I don't think I've talked to anyone who's particularly impressed by having to decipher a conversation that's supposed to be selling them something, so outsourcing could be losing these companies customers rather than benefitting them.

That's nothing against the employees making the calls, just that if I'm going to be sold something or get technical support, I need to be speaking to someone fluent in English.

Common sense is usually difficult to decipher when the bean counters are left to make corporate strategy decisions. If it lowers the hit to the company's pocket book, it is 99.5% of the time considered an excellent decision regardless of how that decision may limit a company's growth in the future. They're saving money by using cheap labor and can present that streamlined workforce savings to Wall Street to up their stock price. Stock price improves a company's capital budget, which gives them growth opportunities.

Now, once time has passed and that financial decision proves to be bad, the company's sales fall, profits collapse, and Wall Street investors pull the plug on investments. Companies usually fold, seek bankruptcy protection, or are absorbed by another company.

But, there is a vast savings when using foreign labor versus (usually unionized) American labor. Just look at what is happening in Detroit to the American Big 3.