What has happened to Bodom?

Well he writes the keyboard melodies, not the solos.

For example, the melodies in Hate Me, Needled 24/7, Lake Bodom, Silent Night, Bodom Night, Towards Dead End etc are all doubled on keyboard but were written by Alexi.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Indeed. We seem to share a lot of the same ideas about metal in general. :)

.... :)

ps: where is the Hatebreeder cover -in your sig- gone? I miss it, it's my fav album.... :cry: *joking...you can put what you want! ;)*

Authentic Metalhead said:
It seemed like whenever I put it there, it would disappear. But I decided to fill it with all Kristian Wahlin artwork now. :kickass:

ok, clear.... but that cover was one of the best, let me tell you! ;)

I wasn't in the mood to read the whole thread * i gave up at page 3*
I just wanna say that i also think COB started playing worse through out the years. I saw them in 2004 twice and i thought they where good. Again i saw them in 2005 and i thought they were not as good as before but still good enoug for me yet then again i saw them in 2006 this could be just a one time thing but i really thought they sucked, they sounded awefull! I always liked Cob, i still do, i admit i started liking them less after AYDY? not because everyone on this board started screaming how much the album sucked but just because i didn't like the sound of it too much comparing to the other albums. I don't hate them now, absolutley not! You could say well you shouldn't compare old albums by bands to their new albums because they are always developing, changing in many ways. I had the same idea with nightwish, their latest album sounds nothing like previous albums, they changed alot. The new album doesn't suck, it's just not compareable *is that a word* to what they used make....i'm kinda loosing track of where i was going...I maybe have to see them again to make a complete conclusion of what they became life, allthough i've noticed they are starting to play not as good as they used to.

And about COB being one of a kind, i completly disagree, I'd say ensiferum, norther, cob, maybe even some other bands i can't think of right now are very much alike, the one bands lyrics may be better sometimes but by sound and screams/grunts/clean vocals whatever they sound very much alike. They all sing the same, the many solo's they have sound alike, the keyboard tunes, it's the same
But ok it's just another opinion.

Lady_Laiho said:
I hate that you said that about Alexi, but since you're saying it for a good reason, i won't say anything.
That's the biggest contradiction I've ever seen!

Yes, if you read the booklet instead of looking at Alexi you would see "ALL music" is by him, with few exceptions (and the solos of course), Warmen is pretty much what Janne does when he writes, and Warmen is awesome.

I'm pretty sure JAanne doesn't care if he has "less" keyboard trackes on the new album, I don't think there is a battle for the spotlight in the band.

ANswer to Thread Question, They released a new album and did somthing new. Don't like? Leave. [/thread]

CliffBurton said:
Yes, if you read the booklet instead of looking at Alexi you would see "ALL music" is by him, with few exceptions (and the solos of course), Warmen is pretty much what Janne does when he writes, and Warmen is awesome.
[/thread]

Warmen is some of the best work I've heard. I perfer it over CoB anyday. All the classical influences just yank my chain.

i've been into cob since something wild. aydy and hcdr are two of their best in my opinion :kickass:

OMG, ALexi writes the keyboard melodies!!!? OMG, i'v fallen even more in love. He's more talented than i thought. ANd all this time i thought janne wrote it. Alexi's the best. Those melodies are beautiful. Knowing that, alexi's the man!

Lady_Laiho said:
OMG, ALexi writes the keyboard melodies!!!? OMG, i'v fallen even more in love. He's more talented than i thought. ANd all this time i thought janne wrote it. Alexi's the best. Those melodies are beautiful. Knowing that, alexi's the man!

seriously? nut case....

Lady_Laiho said:
BARTARD!

Lady_Laiho said:

Satyr has written ALL of Satyricon's music: lyrics, guitars, bass, and keyboards. Frost only does the drums. What makes Alexi so special?