What has happened to Bodom?

Usually,when a band wants to promote their album, they play like one to three songs of their new album so at least everyone gets the taste what the new album is like you know? When it reaches the point where it's get really big and alot of people are buying it, then you throw out more songs from that new album.... I'm guessing that is how Children of Bodom does it.

Most people when they go to a concert wants to hear the songs they are familiar with really. Songs like Hate Me, Silent Night Bodom Night, Needled 24-7 and such. They did play Kissing the shadows live in lyon I believe and did so in some other places but the best reason why Children of Bodom didn't play Mask of Sanity or any other songs you wanted to hear alot is simply because it's not well known or popular enough.

As for Alexi Laiho screwing up a few times. We're only human... we tend to mess up sometime in our lives believe it or not...

Lady_Laiho said:
OMG, ALexi writes the keyboard melodies!!!? OMG, i'v fallen even more in love. He's more talented than i thought. ANd all this time i thought janne wrote it. Alexi's the best. Those melodies are beautiful. Knowing that, alexi's the man!

Most musicians I know Learned the Piano, Basic Piano1 is a manditory course at my school even, its not really that surprising.

I like how you exrpess your "love" for Alexi when you know nothing about the guy except his hair colour. Every Thread...."What, He Writes all the Music!?!?!", or "OMG HE LIKES MINI PUTT!!?!?!"

Shut the fuck up. Its funny to me how someone who calls it "love" didn't even bother looking in the CD booklet to see who did most of the writing. Try and step away from the "LEAD SINGER HAS NICE HAIR *drools faints dies* <3<3<3".

CliffBurton said:
Try and step away from the "LEAD SINGER HAS NICE HAIR *drools faints dies* <3<3<3".

:lol: That bit made me chuckle.

And to add to your point about her knowing fuck all about Alexi writing the music, Alexi and Alex were the ones that played the melody at the end of the Something Wild CD. There's also a video of him playing keys at a Sinergy gig.

Lady_Laiho said:
OMG, ALexi writes the keyboard melodies!!!? OMG, i'v fallen even more in love. He's more talented than i thought. ANd all this time i thought janne wrote it. Alexi's the best. Those melodies are beautiful. Knowing that, alexi's the man!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can love me too because I wrote and play every instrument in my band.

People like you make me so fucking sick. :puke:

CliffBurton said:
ANswer to Thread Question, They released a new album and did somthing new. Don't like? Leave. [/thread]

I'm not going to insult you as you did me, but if you actually took the time to READ what I said to start this thread off, you will see that I never complained about the writing. I even said that Alexi as the right to write his own brand of music. What I DID say is that it sucks that Alexi chose not to play "If you Want Peace... "Bastards of Bodom" and "Trashed, Lost and Strung Out" live for various reasons (lazy, afraid to mess up, etc). Instead he is still playing mostly HCDR songs. Also if you listen to their live album (or anything pre HCDR) Alexi used to try harder at shows, such throwing in crazy improv during Warheart. That's my beef, and if you don't "like" , you can leave too.

To those Bodom fans who have taken this thread seriously, thank you, you guys and gals ROCK
!!!!:headbang:

The Bringer said:

Dammit Bringer you should know better than to come here and read this garbage it just destroys brain cells.

This fucking forum has gone to hell in a handbag!

Lady_Laiho said:

Listen to Falkenbach if your impressed by Laiho writing Keyboard melody...

The Bringer said:

let us hear something!!!!

ANswer to Thread Question, They released a new album and did somthing new. Don't like? Leave. [/thread][/QUOTE]

If you actually took the time to READ what I said to start this thread off, you will see that I never complained about the writing. I even said that Alexi as the right to write his own brand of music. What I DID say is that it sucks that Alexi chose not to play "If you Want Peace... "Bastards of Bodom" and "Trashed, Lost and Strung Out" live for various reasons (lazy, afraid to mess up, etc). Instead he is still playing mostly HCDR songs. Also if you listen to their live album (or anything pre HCDR) Alexi used to try harder at shows, such throwing in crazy improv during Warheart. That's my beef, and if you don't "like" , you can leave, sucka.

On a side note, it is pretty sad that ppl claim to love Alexi, yet they don't know shit about him.

To those Bodom fans who have taken this thread seriously, thank you, you guys and gals ROCK!!!!

MasqueReaper said:
Bodom was my favorite band for a very long time, although HCDR and AYDY are not as technically and melodically astounding as FTR, I cannot fault Alexi for choosing to write his own brand of music. I do, however, feel that Alexi is purposely dumbing down his new material because he no longer wishes to perform songs such as Kissing the Shadow or Mask of Sanity, songs that are more difficult to pull off live (even though they are arguably better songs than the new stuff). I am upset with the obvious deterioration of Alexi's live performance (ONLY Alexi...Jaska and co. are the shit). As many people have already pointed out, Alexi no longer tries to prove himself every night the way he used to, he wammies through awesome riffs he used to shred, and he doesnt really seem to care about the musicallity the way he used to. Alexi still rights awesome songs, such as "If you want Peace..." but then he doesnt even bother attempting them live either for fear of messing up, or because he gotten too lazy to replace the HCDR songs he can probably play in his sleep at this point. A good example is the fact that Bodom has played TL&S and Bastards of Bodom live before, but then Alexi decided to "never" play the songs again for various reasons. Wtf? I have seen Alexi rip Warrior Princess and Beware the Heavens live online...I wonder if he is even capable of writing or playing Sinergy anymore...Does anyone else feel this way? What has happened?

This thread is meant for true (and concerned) Bodom fans
:worship:

And I totally agree with The Bringer!

Lady_Laiho said:
in another thread you said you knew everything about Alexi...
:guh:?

I did read the booklet. I thought that only meant he wrote the guitars and did vocals. I didn't know it meant he also wrote the parts for the keyboards.

Woah, Satyr wrote every part!? What makes Alexi so special is becuz the guitars are already perfect to the max so if he wrote the keyboard parts that's even better. He really has an ear for melody.

They sound bad live because they fasten the songs too much and alexis vocals suck!!!!!! they suck!.. THEY SHOULD HIRE A NEW SINGEEEEEEEEERRRRR!!!! actually Hate me sounds awful nowadays...

skakruk666 said:
They sound bad live because they fasten the songs too much and alexis vocals suck!!!!!! they suck!.. THEY SHOULD HIRE A NEW SINGEEEEEEEEERRRRR!!!! actually Hate me sounds awful nowadays...

They don't speed up the songs.

Lady_Laiho said:
I did read the booklet. I thought that only meant he wrote the guitars and did vocals. I didn't know it meant he also wrote the parts for the keyboards.

Woah, Satyr wrote every part!? What makes Alexi so special is becuz the guitars are already perfect to the max so if he wrote the keyboard parts that's even better. He really has an ear for melody.
Well I don't know what kind of booklet you have but in mine I read this:

All songs written by A. Laiho
All lyrics written by A. Laiho

or

All music and lyrics by A. Laiho

I think keyboards also belong to music.