What has happened to Bodom?

skakruk666 said:
Chuck used pure stomach, that's why he didn't fuck up his voice and vocals.. the same for Shagrath.

yeah! it's the same thing with taking a crap, you have to use pure stomach to not screw up your anus!

Authentic Metalhead said:
Alexi is one of my favorite vocalists, but he loses to Mikael Akerfeldt and Jari Maenpaa because of his lack of clean singing.
I totally agree with you!

Jari > Alexi

skakruk666 said:
Growlers like Laiho can't sing clean well. Their vocal range become much shorter.

Nope. It's all down to the vocal cords you were born with.

Take Corey Taylor for instance, his range and voice are both amazing, can growl like a motherfucker (well, used to be able to).

Obviously, you can train and get a larger range or damage your voice by screaming/growling but whether you can distort your voice or not doesn't determine how good your clean voice is.

I didn't mean that, i mean that you are going to damage your vocal cords by growling, it doesn't mean that growlers can't sing clean or clean singers can't growl. :loco:

Oh ok. Well yeah that's definitely true, you can easily notice a decrease in quality in both Laiho's and Taylor's growls/screams. And they both smoke.

<-Warheart-> said:
Nope. It's all down to the vocal cords you were born with.

Take Corey Taylor for instance, his range and voice are both amazing, can growl like a motherfucker (well, used to be able to).

Obviously, you can train and get a larger range or damage your voice by screaming/growling but whether you can distort your voice or not doesn't determine how good your clean voice is.

You admire corey taylors vocals?:lol: Are you kidding me?:lol:,Holy shit,I also admire paris hiltons vox she kicks ass:lol:

Bodom still, and will, rule the metal scene as far as i'm concerned. Alexi can't shred as well? Well, I disagree, but so what? He's still a fucking excellent songwriter. Bodom have their own sound, and that's something most other bands utterly fail to achieve. That in it's own right makes Alexi and the rest of COB virtuosos, geniuses, or whatever you want to call them.

The newer stuff is simpler, slower, and heavier. And I love it. It's just different. And anybody who goes on some rant about how they don't follow all the modern metal stereotypes should just go away please. Thanks. =P

FearTheReaper said:
You admire corey taylors vocals?:lol: Are you kidding me?:lol:,Holy shit,I also admire paris hiltons vox she kicks ass:lol:

When Slipknot were touring IOWA, his growl was good. Nowadays, it sucks.

Laugh all you want, I'm sure you think that Chuck dude from Death was good, well I hate his vocals and love Laiho's, so fucking deal with it.

FearTheReaper said:

I cant seriously see whats funny...Corys vocals own...its to bad hes in a shit band...