What have you people got for christmas?

I don't really like jumping on the "emo hate" band wagon. Yes, as a general rule, I don't like emo bands. But hey, I also don't like Power Metal at all. That doesn't mean I generalize every single power metal band I hear. As far a emo goes though, there have been some interesting (and dare I say.... good) screamo/emo bands in the last few years.

**edit

Guess I should probably list some of the bands I'm talking about...

The Fall of Troy (The Ghostship Demo's ;D)
Horse the Band (R. Borlax is awesome)
Saetia
Sunny Day Real Estate
Underoath (Acts of Depression and Cries of the Past are great, imo)

*hands in Metal/Tr00ness badge

I don't really like jumping on the "emo hate" band wagon. Yes, as a general rule, I don't like emo bands. But hey, I also don't like Power Metal at all. That doesn't mean I generalize every single power metal band I hear. As far a emo goes though, there were some pretty interesting (and dare I say.... good) screamo bands in the mid 1990's.

*hands in Metal/Tr00ness badge

well but that was before emo got commerciallized and associated with spoiled rich kids on prozak who just bitch all day about how much their lives suck

I really don't like Bullet for my valentine and My chemical romance...

and I think this whole emo conversation is too much fucking emo(it's false I know) for the Kata forum, isn't it?

I saw bullet for my valentine live at roskilde this year, and they were a realy good live band... tight, and really good at what they do..
so when i came home i thought i´d check them out... and, surprise, they sucked.
but if you happen to have the chance, see them live, cause they were indeed a good live band.