What if....?

Susperia said:
15. What if I was MOD. =D

Every chick with blonde hair with vanity issues that also thinks they are really really really hot would conquer and take away our dicks in the traumatic 'vanity' war. Ultimatemetal would be MTV.com and normal. All the degeneration and rebellion in metal would be vanished and our lives would be really pointless because we would be stuck listening to Abba.

The Greys said:
Every chick with blonde hair with vanity issues that also thinks they are really really really hot would conquer and take away our dicks in the traumatic 'vanity' war. Ultimatemetal would be MTV.com and normal. All the degeneration and rebellion in metal would be vanished and our lives would be really pointless because we would be stuck listening to Abba.

power owned

Carcassian said:
2) Paul D'Ianno hadn't left Iron Maiden?

3) Dave Mustaine had managed to moderate his behaviour to stay with Metallica rather than being booted out?

2) Iron Maiden would be half what they are today, if they were still together, that is.

3) Metallica would have stayed closer to thrash longer, imo

Megadeth started selling out the sametime as metallica so saying metallica would have played thrash longer is pushing it. I could not see metallica playing thrash in the 90's period regardless if cliff was alive or if dave mustaine remained within the band.

The Greys said:
Megadeth started selling out the sametime as metallica so saying metallica would have played thrash longer is pushing it. I could not see metallica playing thrash in the 90's period regardless if cliff was alive or if dave mustaine remained within the band.

But they didnt sell out half as much and half as badly as metallica did.

Either that or they would have eventually started playing more complex outlandish death metal. While the band is young you can tell the band demenstrates skills like say Amorphis does on the karelian isthmus. Either Amorphis would have continued making melodic death metal albums or progressive metal/rock albums, and they stepped in both worlds. I don't see darkthrones transition all that natural.

Mike27 said:
But they didnt sell out half as much and half as badly as metallica did.

Megadeth has more than 3 shitty sell out albums.

Metallica's only genuinly crappy albums are load,re-load, and st. anger, the s/t being questionable.

8) The extreme right wing had officially managed to make heavy metal illegal?

9) Nu-metal hadn't happened?

2) Paul D'Ianno hadn't left Iron Maiden?

3) Dave Mustaine had managed to moderate his behaviour to stay with Metallica rather than being booted out?

13. What if Dark Tranquillity and In Flames hadn't traded vocalists?

8: There would be a lot of arests that's for sure. But who knows how the end result would have turned out. If I had to guess I bet there would be a Supreme Court battle over it with metal being the victor!

9: I woundn't have liked metal. Nu metal was why I'm even here.

2: Iron Maiden and metal in general would DEFINITLY not be as popular as it is today.

3. Then there would be no Megadeth and I love Megadeth much more than Metallica :(

13: Melodic Metal would not be as nearly as popular. I didn't like both of the band's first albums at all. Thanks to the mix up the bands are much better now and melodic metal is now one of the best genres today. People have no idea how much of an influence In Flames and Dark Tranquility had on metal.

What if kurt never shot himself?

What if bonded by blood was released on time?

What if Venom never named their hit album black metal?

Kreator/Destroyer said:
what if dimebag didn't die

Then instead of him being the most over-rated dead guitarist in the world, either no one would speak of him (cause assloads of kids didn't hear about him 'til he was blown away) or he would be the most over-rated guitarist that is alive.

The Greys said:
Megadeth has more than 3 shitty sell out albums.

Metallica's only genuinly crappy albums are load,re-load, and st. anger, the s/t being questionable.

wtf. the black album is widely known as being the point of selling out for metallica. the fact that its not as bad as the rest, is entirely irrelevant.