What is it like in Sweden?

And here's another piece of Sweden...

strand1.jpg

I'm Russian and going to invade Sweden in summer/fall this year. So, if you swedes want to be invaded in a pleasant way go get some russian vodka for me. hehe, I don't really drink, I even doubt if I am russian at all ???

What are the alcohol/cigarette prices in Sweden approximately like? Say how much would you expect to pay for a beer/vodka in the average bar/store? And is sale of all alcoholic beverages restricted to Systembolaget, or can you buy beer from ordinary stores like in Finland (sale of spirits over 5% is restricted to our monopoly, Alko)?

The alcohol prices in Sweden are approximately sky high. Especially on bars. (ask Magsec, he paid, was it, 22 € for a screwdriver? :heh: ) Seriously, even if you don't get fooled it's expensive. A beer costs between 2.5 € to 5 € in bars. At Systembolaget the beer costs a little over 1 € for 0.5 liter cans. A bottle of vodka (0.75 liter) costs about 24 €. I think the prices are like they were in Finland before you lowered the taxes over there.

You can buy beer at ordinary stores, but it's like 2.8 % and costs as much as stronger beer at Systemet. You got to be at least 20 years old to be allowed to shop at Systembolaget.

Ormir said:
What are the alcohol/cigarette prices in Sweden approximately like? Say how much would you expect to pay for a beer/vodka in the average bar/store? And is sale of all alcoholic beverages restricted to Systembolaget, or can you buy beer from ordinary stores like in Finland (sale of spirits over 5% is restricted to our monopoly, Alko)?
Well, a pack of cigarettes go for the price of max 38.50 kronor = 4€. A beer from the tap in a bar, a "stor stark" is about 35 kronor. You can only get alcohol from Systembolaget yes, the only other kind you can get in stores is "folköl", a beer with vol 3.5% alcohol.

EDIT: i wrote this but CoT beat me to it.. still i won't delete it :heh:

Thanks for the replies :O Some more questions:
Is it illegal to drink publically in Sweden?
How much alcohol and cigarettes are you allowed to import into the country from abroad, say a boat coming from Finland?

Ormir said:
How much alcohol and cigarettes are you allowed to import into the country from abroad, say a boat coming from Finland?
please remember to carry your gun and wear your coat at all times when smuggling illegal goods in another country, honey. :rolleyes:

Ormir said:
Thanks for the replies :O Some more questions:
Is it illegal to drink publically in Sweden?
Theoretically yes. Practically no. In town centers it's often illegal to drink publically, but if you don't drink in the middle of the day it won't be any problems. I've never seen any cops care about people drinking alcohol at night.

Ormir said:
The amounts are the EU standard amounts, but at least for alcohol you have to be 20 years old to bring anything. The custom isn't very hard to avoid, however.

rahvin said:
isn't there one with 4.5% alcohol too? gold-coloured can? or is that the one you're talking about?
no, this one is only 3.5%. there's lots of brands of it, usually just a bleaker version of what's sold in Systembolaget. I believe what you're talking about, could be the infamous "mellanöl", that they stopped selling in 1977 eek, due too eh, hehe, the youth's habits of getting wasted on it and cause trouble. It's still available, but not in stores.. :erk: "jävla förmyndarsamhälle!" :mad: :p

np: daylight dies-i wait :headbang: