What is the best album of the year so far?

Porcupine Tree's In Absentia is out and being pushed by the cd stores in NJ! If you like Spocks Beard style of progressive rock then you should give this disc a try except that you'll be angry that you wasted your money on the SB disc. LOL

I'm taking my Rude Awakening back to the record store.

Nocturnal Rites' Shadowland is the best album of the year. They don't need to do much, just release an album sometime during a certain year and it's number one for me. NBC, A Night at the Opera, those were pretty awesome. Can't wait for The Odyssey, plus Kamelot's new one, Stratovarius, Nevermore, Helloween, and is Masterplan's debut out yet? I need to check that out!

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
Porcupine Tree's In Absentia is out and being pushed by the cd stores in NJ! If you like Spocks Beard style of progressive rock then you should give this disc a try except that you'll be angry that you wasted your money on the SB disc. LOL

Porcupine Tree slays the wimps in Spock's Beard.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
This is a rough list and there are still some things I need to hear... like Sham Mirrors and Everon... but here goes:

1. Pain Of Salvation - "Remedy Lane" (Sweden, Inside Out Music America)
2. Enchant - "Blink Of An Eye" (USA, Inside Out Music America)
3. Porcupine Tree - "In Absentia" (UK, Lava)
4. Amaran - "A World Depraved" (Sweden, Listenable)
5. Tad Morose - "Matters Of The Dark" (Sweden, Century Media)
6. Soilwork - "Natural Born Chaos" (Sweden, Nuclear Blast)
7. November's Doom - "To Welcome The Fade" (USA, Dark Symphonies)
8. Threshold - "Critical Mass" (UK, Inside Out Music America)
9. Into Eternity - "Dead Or Dreaming" (Canada, Century Media)
10. Arabesque - "The Union" (Netherlands, Lion Records)

I would have never dreamed at the advent of the year that my Top 10 list would not include the new albums by Angel Dust, Vanden Plas and Dream Theater.

Wow, there have been so many good ones so far...let's see, new Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Daylight Dies all come to mind--

but none of these even come close to The Odyssey.

Just listened to the new SYMPHONY X ALBUM !

GET READY FOR THIS SHIT ! THE BEST SYMPHONY X ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROMEO GOT FUCKING CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULDNT BE HEAVIER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im still fucking amazed with it....dammit...everything is perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tulio