What is the worst thing someone ever said to you?

Somber Soul, Hiljainen: :erk:
I'm sorry to read you had to go through that.

Thinking about it, I can't remember ever receiving verbal blows the likes of what's been discussed here.
For some reason, no one ever tells me things to my face. Not even my own father, when he disapproves of something on my part (but he does to my brother and sister, and most everyone else).
The few times I've known about people offending me in a semi-serious way have been because I found out by other means.

MagSec4 said:
Somber Soul, Hiljainen: :erk:
I'm sorry to read you had to go through that.
You brought me out of hiding again. ;) Actually, my current mood swings (and subsequent periods of silence) are still a result of what I wrote before. It all happened in the not-too-distant past. It is something that no-one should go through. But most people do at some point or another, I guess.

Thinking about it, I can't remember ever receiving verbal blows the likes of what's been discussed here.
For some reason, no one ever tells me things to my face. Not even my own father, when he disapproves of something on my part (but he does to my brother and sister, and most everyone else).
The few times I've known about people offending me in a semi-serious way have been because I found out by other means.
Hm, that is one other thing I don't appreciate - if people pretend everything is alright in your presence but you realize that it's not and that they have some unspoken resentments. After all the experiences I've made, the wish that people would be more outspoken and straightforward with some things, has grown immensly.

Somber Soul said:
Hm, that is one other thing I don't appreciate - if people pretend everything is alright in your presence but you realize that it's not and that they have some unspoken resentments. After all the experiences I've made, the wish that people would be more outspoken and straightforward with some things, has grown immensly.
I absolutely agree with you here. Not speaking things can only lead to more incomprehensions and eventually to strained relationships... If I have something to tell to a person I care about, I should tell them my feelings, often this leads to a better understandment of each other. Recently I had something similar with a friend of mine I share the apartment with. Why always hiding, I ask?

I understand that there may be reasons not to say things at once. We've all done that ourselves, too. But if you see that someone is really trying to have a serious and open talk with you with the intention of clearing things up, it would be good if you cooperated. I know how it is to run against walls in this respect, believe me. And sometimes it's even very trivial things that ultimately become big problems because one party was not willing to talk openly.

Somber Soul said:
I understand that there may be reasons not to say things at once. We've all done that ourselves, too. But if you see that someone is really trying to have a serious and open talk with you with the intention of clearing things up, it would be good if you cooperated. I know how it is to run against walls in this respect, believe me. And sometimes it's even very trivial things that ultimately become big problems because one party was not willing to talk openly.
yeah just like small avalanches. and that's usually just because people is not open enough, and I felt somewhat betrayed (on lighter terms). every time I know someone speaks behind my back my trust in them decreases a little.

Strider said:
yeah just like small avalanches. and that's usually just because people is not open enough, and I felt somewhat betrayed (on lighter terms). every time I know someone speaks behind my back my trust in them decreases a little.
I've observed a similar phenomenon. When you learn that people who are your friends talk about you behind your back (even if they don't do it with the intention to harm you), it takes away a little bit of trust every time. They will still be your friends (depending on the gravity of the matter) but the friendship will be overcast by shadows. It is saddening to see that. It may very well mean the ultimate demise of the friendship. Everything starts with tiny fissures.

Somber Soul said:
I've observed a similar phenomenon. When you learn that people who are your friends talk about you behind your back (even if they don't do it with the intention to harm you), it takes away a little bit of trust every time. They will still be your friends (depending on the gravity of the matter) but the friendship will be overcast by shadows. It is saddening to see that. It may very well mean the ultimate demise of the friendship. Everything starts with tiny fissures.
exactly... to continue with my previous example, the matter wasn't really important, but he didn't complain with me but with a common friend, and never said anything to me. For my part, my behaviour towards him is the same, but I know that he could have done the same thing in the past with other people. This common friend he talked to is my best friend, and we've known each other for 13 years and we're really like brothers so she told me because she thought I should know. But my trust in him is somewhat thinner now... I treasure the few true friendships I have above almost everything else so it saddened me a lot at the time...

Strider said:
exactly... to continue with my previous example, the matter wasn't really important, but he didn't complain with me but with a common friend, and never said anything to me. For my part, my behaviour towards him is the same, but I know that he could have done the same thing in the past with other people. This common friend he talked to is my best friend, and we've known each other for 13 years and we're really like brothers so she told me because she thought I should know. But my trust in him is somewhat thinner now... I treasure the few true friendships I have above almost everything else so it saddened me a lot at the time...
Yeah, I imagine. It is especially sad if it happens in a circle of friends where everyone is affected and where people eventually side with the one or the other. And sometimes, people say they don't take side but you know that in fact they do, only that they don't tell it to your face because they still somehow want to be friends with you or don't want to hurt you intentionally. Still, it hurts to know that people you like very much and who you trust side with the other party. And this also means that you cannot be as relaxed and open with them anymore because you never know what they might pass on.

[me being gay]Oh well, my (ex-)girlfriend told me that I should find someone else and that she wants me to be happy (but with someone else) and blah.. blah.. blah..[/me being gay].

@TMI: hey, sorry about that man. :(
Btw i think i saw you in Athens some weeks ago..

edit: i think i got my answer from another thread. :p

TheMindzI said:
No dude, I wasn't gay back then :p
oh, so you are now? :p

@Siren: Really? Uhm.. could be. Where? I was in Athens for 3 weeks or so.
Outside Metropolis, you were probably waiting for someone. Your hair has grown an ass of a lot. :p
I was in a hurry, too unsure that it was you and too shy to come say hello. :/

When the only sensible conclusion is that all women are pure evil, we can only ever go gay or asexual. I suppose TMI just decided on gay. :p

@Rusty: This is the kind of logic that makes, otherwise nice, creatures like me take up hunting as a hobby. :p