What is your favorite song of In flames???

Lunar Strain: Clad in Shadows
Subterranean EP: Stand Ablaze
The Jester Race: The Jester Race
Black-Ash Inheritance EP: Goliaths
Whoracle: WWTM
Colony: Coerced Coexistence
Clayman: ...As The Future Repeats Today
Reroute to Remain: Minus
Soundtrack to Your Escape: Dial 595-Escape
Come Clarity: Come Clarity
Mirror's Truth EP: Tilt
A Sense of Purpose: I'm the Highway (Where have I heard that chorus before?)

Well... why not, I'm bored :D on most of the albums there are two songs tied for top spot, and I can't be arsed to decide between them :D

Lunar Strain - Upon an Oaken Throne/In Flames
Subterranean - Stand Ablaze
The Jester Race - The Jester Race
Black Ash Inheritance - Goliaths
Whoracle - Jotun
Colony - Zombie Inc
Clayman - Satellites & Astronauts/Only For The Weak
R2R - System/Minus
STYE - The Quiet Place
Come Clarity - Dead End/Vanishing Light
The Mirror's Truth EP - Eraser
ASOP - I really don't fucking know. If I was forced to pick I guess Sleepless Again or Condemned, I don't know. This album sucks so much I can't really decide which song I hate least :D

I like your choice of ATFRT for Clayman, Jabi... a criminally underrated song.

TJR: The Jester Dance - my favorite instrumental song of all time
Whoracle: Episode 666
Colony: Behind Space '99
Clayman: Only For The Weak

RTR: Trigger
STYE: The Quiet Place / My Sweet Shadow
CC: Come Clarity
ASOP: Delight and Angers

Lunar Strain: Behind Space
Subterranean EP: Subterranean
The Jester Race: The Jester Race/Artifacts
Black-Ash Inheritance EP: Goliaths
Whoracle: The Hive
Colony: Ordinary Story (maybe overall favorite)
Clayman: I have BIG 3: BUllet Ride, Pinball Map, Clayman (i just can't choose)
Reroute to Remain: SYSTEM
Soundtrack to Your Escape: Touch Of Red
Come Clarity: Take This Life
Mirror's Truth EP: Abnegation
A Sense of Purpose: Delight And Angers

Lunar Strain- Everlost II (beautiful)
Subterranean- Everdying
The Jester Race- December Flower
Whoracle- Jotun
Colony- Zombie Inc.
Clayman- Square Nothing
Reroute- Dawn of A New Day
Soundtrack- Evil In A Closet
Come Clarity- Crawl Through Knives
A Sense Of Purpose- March To The Shore

Overall, December Flower gets it for being in my opinion the purest expression of what In Flames are, the perfect mix of melody and aggression. What melodies and what aggression. And that SOLO! Best guitar solo ever? It balances melodic and technical on a knife-edge, not too wanky, not too simplistic, just perfect.

Except I'm pretty sure the solo wasn't done by any In Flames guitarist on that song :|

Lunar Strain - Lunar Strain
Subterranean - Everdying
The Jester Race - Dead Eternity
Black Ash Inheritance - Goliaths
Whoracle - Gyroscope
Colony - Zombie Inc.
Clayman - Square Nothing
R2R - Reroute to Remain
STYE - My Sweet Shadow
Come Clarity - Versus Terminus
ASOP - Disconnected

So, according to last.fm these are the top 20 most popular In Flames tracks in the last 6 months...

1. Take This Life
2. Come Clarity
3. Cloud Connected
4. Only For The Weak
5. The Quiet Place
6. Dead End
7. Trigger
8. Reflect the Storm
9. Leeches
10. Crawl Through Knives
11. Alias
12. Scream (?!)
13. The Mirror's Truth
14. My Sweet Shadow
15. Vacuum
16. Pinball Map
17. Bullet Ride
18. Delight and Angers :guh:
19. Disconnected :guh:
20. I'm the Highway :guh:

So yeah... proves that for the most part In Flames' fanbase fucking sucks :D Oh my God. Scream 12th? What the fuck :D it's nice to see OFTW still kicking ass 11 years after release, but that list overall makes tragic fucking reading.

Bottled meanwhile is 70th, ahead of The Jester Race(song), December Flower and the majority of the TJR/Whoracle album... LAME.

Also according to Last.fm, this is how the list goes in terms of album popularity over the last 6 months...

Come Clarity
ASOP
R2R
STYE
Clayman
Colony
Whoracle
TJR
Lunar/Sub

SOAPF obviously yet to enter the charts, but ohmygod... how desperately sad :D

The Jester Race: Moonshield

Whoracle: Worlds Within the Margin (fuckin' epic with the strings playing over the growls!)

Colony: Zombie Inc. (i'm guessing this is the overral winner of 'best In Flames song'. People! We need an 'In Flames award ceremony'!)

Clayman: Satellites and Astronauts. (ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME??? YOU GUYS ARE FUCKIN' KIDDING ME RIGHT??? I SEE YOU ALL PUTTING S&A AS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG FROM CLAYMAN!!! HOW??? WHY???? ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH [Dantess burns in flames]

:hotjump:

fiousadgiudlghsdnvs\vujsvnfaf iuUIuiIHIHbinsoIOuuiSAihiuGVBbiVFRDSWSDdx3rFVbHnu887Y

:devil:

Ahem, ahem... now i have recomposed myself from spontaneous combustion... i'll continue

The Jester Race: Moonshield

Whoracle: Worlds Within the Margin (fuckin' epic with the strings playing over the growls!)

Colony: Zombie Inc. (i'm guessing this is the overral winner of 'best In Flames song'. People! We need an 'In Flames award ceremony'!)

Clayman: Pinball Map (NOT Satellites and Astronauts! :mad: )

RTR: So hard to choose... it's a tie between System, Minus and Free Fall

STYE: Another hard one... arrrggghh... i dunno. The Quiet Place/My Sweet Shadow/Borders and Shading/Dial 959-Escape

Come Clarity: Fuck me. This is getting hard. Crawl Through Knives. Although i agree with A88- title track's guitar solo is spine-tingling! :worship:

ASOP: The Chosen Pessimist

The Mirror's Truth EP: Abnegation

SOAPF: :confused:

So, according to last.fm these are the top 20 most popular In Flames tracks in the last 6 months...

1. Take This Life
2. Come Clarity
3. Cloud Connected
4. Only For The Weak
5. The Quiet Place
6. Dead End
7. Trigger
8. Reflect the Storm
9. Leeches
10. Crawl Through Knives
11. Alias
12. Scream (?!)
13. The Mirror's Truth
14. My Sweet Shadow
15. Vacuum
16. Pinball Map
17. Bullet Ride

So yeah... proves that for the most part In Flames' fanbase fucking sucks :D Oh my God. Scream 12th? What the fuck :D it's nice to see OFTW still kicking ass 11 years after release, but that list overall makes tragic fucking reading.

Bottled meanwhile is 70th, ahead of The Jester Race(song), December Flower and the majority of the TJR/Whoracle album... LAME.

Also according to Last.fm, this is how the list goes in terms of album popularity over the last 6 months...

Come Clarity
ASOP
R2R
STYE
Clayman
Colony
Whoracle
TJR
Lunar/Sub

OMG! Those lists are fucking stupid!

1. Take This Life
2. Come Clarity
3. Cloud Connected
4. Only For The Weak
5. The Quiet Place
6. Dead End
7. Trigger
8. Reflect the Storm
9. Leeches
10. Crawl Through Knives
11. Alias
12. Scream (?!)
13. The Mirror's Truth
14. My Sweet Shadow
15. Vacuum
16. Pinball Map
17. Bullet Ride

Come Clarity
ASOP
R2R
STYE
Clayman
Colony
Whoracle
TJR
Lunar/Sub

That's not terribly surprising. Really, old school In Flames fans are a minority and most of their fan base consists of post-Clayman inductees.

We're a over a decade past their last non-controversial album (Colony), and old fans have been jumping ship ever since then. Similarly, their fan base exploded after R2R. Makes sense that their most recent stuff would get the most plays.

Oh, so that's how they choose their setlist for new tour? :D

Oh, so that's how they choose their setlist for new tour? :D

:D

The "nu" fans have no fucking excuse. Even ASOP has been out 3 years, that's plenty of time to go into their back-catalogue and realise how much better Colony/Clayman is. I don't give a shit about this 'opinion' bollox, I'm laying it down as it is, it's as true as true can be.... if you genuinely prefer STYE or ASOP over Colony or Clayman you fucking suck. So it was written, and everyone who isn't an asshole saw it was true :D

I can vouch for the theory that the majority of IF fans came after Colony/Clayman. But i still think there is nothing wrong with going backwards and enjoying the early albums- it's amazing to see where In Flames came from, how their work has evolved.

When we were saying how people don't react to the old shit (Artifacts, Jotun etc) when they play it on stage, and the crowd just become zombies... i can't see why the fuck they'd do it. I was a witness to that happening- Artifacts seemingly put the crowd to sleep! :guh: Okay, AotBR isn't my favourite pick on the old material by a long shot... but if they played Moonshield, Behind Space, Episode 666- c'mon they are classics! And you can just feel the energy in the song. The crowds should be tearing shit up when those songs hit! :kickass:

Zombie Inc. for Christ's fuckin' sake!! Do they even play it nowadays?? If not- then why not? It'd make they look godly! The crowd would be like this>>> :worship:

Delight and Angers anyone? :puke:

Zombie Inc. for Christ's fuckin' sake!! Do they even play it nowadays?? If not- then why not? It'd make they look godly! The crowd would be like this>>> :worship:

Delight and Angers anyone? :puke:

That's the problem bro, people don't react like that, even to songs as awesome as Zombie Inc. The majority of the crowd are poser-metal assholes and as soon as they hear a real riff they stand there frozen with fear, wondering why Anders isn't singing like "feeling like shit" or "Drowning monsters" anymore and trying to hold back the tears :D

Seriously, I was sickened to see the crowd reaction to the TJR/Whoracle stuff when I've seen them live.

It's In Flames' fault for pandering to that crowd, but it still sucks.

"Aw, Zombie Inc...make it stop! Now I must go kill myself".

93033_9952_girls-emo-haircut.jpg