What kind of In Flames lyrics do you like the most?

What kind of In Flames lyrics do you like the most?

• Death Metal themes (LS, Subterranean)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Complex lyrics w/ alot of metaphors (TJR, Whoracle)

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Part in-depth, part down-to-earth (Colony)

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • More down-to-earth (Clayman, RTR)

Votes: 19 23.2%

• Total voters
Favorite has got to be tjr. Love the meaning in the songs.Dead eternity clad in shadows i think was written by Niklas Sundin and its one powerful song .

TBH, i think it would be bitchin' if they went back to writing black metal style lyrics about space like they did back then.

I like them all as long as they're intelligent and well done.

Jester Race is complex and intelligent.
Colony is wise and can still be easy to understand.
Clayman had a theme of being depressed, and the albums above that had it too, but Clayman wrote it in the most intelligent and beautiful way ever. Clayman, lyrically, is when a metalhead has the blues.

Colony/Clayman should go together. That era of lyrics is their best because it was Anders writing it rather than Sundin.

Absolutely. I wish they would embrace the "folkish" vibe they used to have.

Yeah. Reroute To Remain was the last one I could see having somewhat of that vibe in some songs. The only newest one is Alias because of the acoustic part.
That's why I like In Flames. It had that folk sound but it was so fucking metal.

Colony and Clayman were simular, but the topics on Colony weren't as personal as Clayman.

Yeah. Reroute To Remain was the last one I could see having somewhat of that vibe in some songs. The only newest one is Alias because of the acoustic part.
That's why I like In Flames. It had that folk sound but it was so fucking metal.

Colony and Clayman were simular, but the topics on Colony weren't as personal as Clayman.

You've gotta be kidding me, serious.

Lunar strain, Subterran and The jester race had some folk influences, just because some songs have an acoustic part (Zombie inc and Alias in this case) doesn't direct mean it's folkish.

it's really hard to choose overall, because there's so many good ones but my favorite lyrics are from morphing into primal

Detonation
Fireworks and alchemy
Genes spliced and triggered
into the future
and her organic cave

Seismorgasmic omnipotence
scenes of magma in my eyes
Eruption stones my system

to me this song is saying we are animals and we have our urges and needs and can't stop them

Nah it's about sex. Anders said so himself. So basically you're right, you just forgot the word "sex"

You've gotta be kidding me, serious.

Lunar strain, Subterran and The jester race had some folk influences, just because some songs have an acoustic part (Zombie inc and Alias in this case) doesn't direct mean it's folkish.

That's not what I fucking mean. It's not the acoustics. I'm saying shit like Dawn of a New Day sounded folk. Alias's acoustic's structure was folkish. It's just coincidentally in acoustic guitars.

And for one not acoustic on the top of my mind, Resin, the intro had a folkish melody.