What other fav bands you have?

AOR-HardRock
Transatlantic
Ten
Dare
Moly Hatchett
The Flower Kings

Hahhahahahah, what's this? Transatlantic, The Flower Kings and Molly Hatchet has changed their style and I didn't notice? :D

Well, the mind of my partner is totally eclipsed by a deep feeling, though. Transatlantic and The Flower Kings are both unusual bands to keep into a concrete style chest, but they're near the progressive-fusion if I should to say something.

About Molly Hatchett, it's so difficult to situate. Maybe an old an so particular heavy metal with an special touch, I never heard a band like them.

In any case, they're far away of the AOR and the Hard Rock. But I think you, my dear readers, aren't so interested on the differences between both styles, are you?

The right side of the post by FatherMelon is just that he's an open-minded man... er... melon... er... something, and that gives him a wide range of possibilities to choose and a good general pov.

The Hughes-Turner Project is now in my hands!!! Chupi!

|ngenius (setting the differential point)

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot

you actually like a nazi-band?

yes,as long as he is not mixing his beliefs in the lyrics and music

I do know he has made a great deal of idiotic statements....and of course i don't support him,nor his ideology.....To me he is really a confused individual,changing beliefs every 3 years or sth....
Simply i don't give a shit about him.....

and well..i know...i don't support any things that have some connection with that particular ideology.... i hate bands like graveland.....
and sometimes i really wonder how i can actually support such a band

but as i mentioned before...to me Burzum is connected with music,
Varg is connected with that ideology and i actually laugh at his statements and feel pity for him...

and well, to help Melancholia a little here... a lot of bands write about satanism, and many other belivs.. what is wrong with that?
ok, nazism it pretty stupid.. but hell, why cant he write about it as long as the music is good.. but I dont like Burzum though :)

Originally posted by HellSpawn
ok, nazism it pretty stupid.. but hell, why cant he write about it as long as the music is good.. but I dont like Burzum though :)

of course he can write about his beliefs if he wants..
but in that case i would have been seriously pissed off...and wouldn't manage listening to him singing his crap.....

well since I hate most of black metal bands I don't listen on a regular basis to any nazi_satanic_oh_im_so_evil band....but I loved Manowar long ago and I know how you feel when you like the music while finding lyrics stupid :rolleyes:

yup...i understand.....
and it`s even worse when the latest works are a lame attempt to reach the good old days' level... :D
(heheh For whom Manowar the bell tolls :devil: )

Originally posted by Melancholia
of course he can write about his beliefs if he wants..
but in that case i would have been seriously pissed off...and wouldn't manage listening to him singing his crap.....

Actually I have a similar problem. My roommate back in university downloaded these great songs from some band. It was just beautiful. The lyrics were sung cleanly, but we couldn't figure out what they were for several days until we found another website. There we found that they were a white supremecist (you'd think I could spell that correctly). Anti-black, anti-jewish, even anti-christian. But it was GREAT music.

That contrast drives me nuts.

But it's okay to know, at least... I wouldn't like to suddenly find out that a band I was listening to, while not understanding the lyrics, had nazi lyrics or some such. I wouldn't mind that much about satanic lyrics, though... Nazism is much worse, I my eyes; that's fucked up no matter what; satanism doesn't have to be all that bad.... Not that I like it, but to a certain point, I can respect it.

Lyrics are sometimes more important to me than the music itself, it either depends on what the music and lyrics are about or my mood :) But I refuse to even listen to Burzum, because of the person Varg is... I enjoy music of musicians that put their thoughts into their music, their love for something. About Varg, he's as much a liar as propably politicians are. He just knows to disguise his ideology very well, and even when it's not reflected in the music, it's still HIM that wrote it... but I don't like discussing Burzum, too.

So, cheer up, and what's done is done.

i won't discuss about burzum etc. , just add somme groups i like and that you could check out (all my favs bands have aleready been named in the beginning of the thread)

French Metal Bands :

-Carcariass : technic death metal
-Adagio : Neo classical heavy metal (with the singer of Pink Cream 69)
-Akin : opening band for within temptation in France
-Elend : claissical / goth
-Gronibar : grind core
-Headline : prog metal
-Kronos : Brutal Death
-Misanthrope : Black Metal
-Anorexia Nervosa : Symphonic Black Metal (really excellent)

Other Various Bands i like :

-Warmen
-Van Den Plas
-Symphony X
-Shape Of Despair
-Secret Sphere
-Wallachia
- Pain Of Salvation
-On thorns i lay
-Moonspell
-Kenziner
-Kamelot
-...In the woods
-Fantomas
-estatic Fear
-Empyrium
-Bumblefoot
-Ark

yeah I have similar taste:
Nevermore,V-sorg, Iced earth, finntroll, waylander,Devin Townsend, Sentenced,Pain of salvation! and so on... there is alot more !!! blavlablalb...

I have some questions about recommendations=

DEW SCENTED: i heard the unconditional song the other day and it was cool, is the album a killer?

MITHOTYN = is sign of the ravens their best?

skyclad= just bought Folkemon; it rules! any recommendations on older albums( i´ve heard burnt offering for the bopne idol)
maybe Answer machine or old rope(best of)?!

GARDENIAN´s soulburner rules Eric Hawk my fellow icelander is amazing! (I bought that CD and 30 other on a clearence sale in Copenhagen)
how about Sindustries, anyone?!

BLINDGUARDIAN
= I´m gonna have to warm-up for WOA 2002
so which is their best CD??

and finally ..
has anyone heard the new SOILWORK?!!

Originally posted by Djöfull
I have some questions about recommendations=

DEW SCENTED: i heard the unconditional song the other day and it was cool, is the album a killer?

GARDENIAN´s soulburner rules Eric Hawk my fellow icelander is amazing! (I bought that CD and 30 other on a clearence sale in Copenhagen)
how about Sindustries, anyone?!

Inwards is !! :loco: you also should get hold of the former album Ill-natured :headbang: :headbang:

Gardenian: I have only Sindustries, and for me, it's an album that has 2 or 3 good songs and the rest is... hm ... mediocre.... :rolleyes: (IMO)

About Mithotyn, I think King of the Distant Forest is the best.

About Skyclad, try to find Wayward Sons of Mother Earth.

About Gardenian, Sindustries was alright, but Soulburner truly burns out any other of their CDs!

About Blind Gardian, I would recommend: Battalions of Fear, Follow the Blind, Tales from the Twilight World, Nightfall in Middle Earth, and all of their CDs. I love their CDs.

As for Soilwork, I have heard most of Natural Born Chaos, and it is awesome! I would definitely buy this CD.