What was the first Symphony X song that you heard?

Sea of Lies, then Of Sins and Shadows. I was hooked, and my brother got me DWOT and burned me a copy of V. These are still my two favorite albums, and I bought V recently so I wouldn't feel like a bastard for ripping off SX. I think that Sea of Lies is the perfect initiation for someone if you want them to like SX. It has a blistering solo, great riff and catchy chorus.

My brother burned me a copy of Damnation Game and said 'Listen to this' so I did and was like :OMG: So the first song was Damnation Game...then he gave me the other albums and I was in love...don't worry I replaced the burned copies with the real deal. :D

I created this thread some months ago as well but anyways...

The very first song I heard by Symphony X was Evolution. There was a time where I used to go to a metallica chatroom every day for like 2 or 3 years and there was this girl who listened to Symphony X sometimes. She made me curious about the band so I downloaded Evolution and some other songs. Since then I absolutely love Symphony X! And now I own (and my bro has some) all of their albums.

My friend was a proggy and we always used to argue over music (I was into metallica) and so one day he made me listen to Dream Theater, and the ass put on some slow song, and when I heard Labrie, I laughed.
Anyways, like a week later my friend was complaining of not being able to go to some bands concert in NJ :cry: . I asked who and replied with, of course, Symphony X. He told me they weren't as good as dream theater but they were okay...
I went home and downloaded Medusa's Eyes... :OMG: the moment of enlightenment.

Well I've been hooked ever since, and releazed that Dream Theater isn't as bad as I once thought them to be, but Symphony X is helluva lot better. :headbang:

A friend had been ranting on about how great V was and so I downloaded some songs, which happened to be non-V songs, so the first song I heard was..., mmm, I think it was "Damnation Game".

I was BLOWN AWAY o_O

yeah the first song i ever heard from symphonyx was inferno.. and believe it or not i did piss myself a little bit when i heard it cause at the time i was drunk and a little high with a full blatter and i almost forgot to hold it.. how many of u can say u pissed urself when u heard of symphonyx? cause i can.... BOOYAH :headbang:

In the Dragon's Den, on a tape (?) a friend gave me. Initially it was actually winded to the solo part where Romeo is doing the sweeping stuff so my first thoughts were: "great another Yngwie clone". After a few days and weeks of listening though, I realised that was propably an awful conclusion...

Into the Dementia, then straight through to the end of the debut release. I played that CD constantly until The Damnation Game came out, then added that to the constant rotation, and so on until now, when I listen to Symphony X more than is safe for mere mortals.

DoomKnight said:
yeah the first song i ever heard from symphonyx was inferno.. and believe it or not i did piss myself a little bit when i heard it cause at the time i was drunk and a little high with a full blatter and i almost forgot to hold it.. how many of u can say u pissed urself when u heard of symphonyx? cause i can.... BOOYAH

:lol: