what you think about

My mum likes Theatre of Tragedy ALOT! When I'm listening to them, I can hear her singing with the music. Kind of cool..

Originally posted by Light

haha... *snort*... sorry, but this one did make me laugh...

I would hope that's their newer stuff (Musique, Assembly)... 'cos the thought of someone's mother singing along to lines like "sonorous orchestral ambience and the arabesque stanced ballerina" or "by plastic consonantry even more servants to the host added are" is just a little bit *too* surreal... ;)

~ Light ~

She sings to the old (I don't have the new stuff of ToT) she doesn't know the lyrics, so she just screams lalala, in a Liv-style-way.

Is she also in grunts. Some lalalalawraaaaaaaaaahg

I also love Assembly. Some dancemetal if you asks me.

pagan2002 said:
judgement is not our favourite album, but one last goodbye could be the most moving of our songs, and there are some good moments on it (the build up in judgement for example) and it was here that john douglas got his chance to write songs too. i was taken aback by the quality of his stuff.
Didn´t John wrote Cerulean Twilight?

TSE, maybe cuz of being in love of Vinny's vocals on it. But it is changing, depends on my mood. Today for example I listened to AND and it also was great. I have favs on every album, and it's hard to say which is that "the best"
- TSE - for silent enigma and dying wish
- Crestfallen/Pentecost - for we the gods
- Serenades - for "sweet tears"
- A4 - for regret, shroud of false and inner silence
- Eternity - for Angelika of course
- AFDTE - for leave no trace, pressure
- Judgement - for forgotten hopes, one last goodbye, and judgement
- AND - for are you there, flying and electricity.

I really appreciate what You guys did and still are doing, I think albums are different and it's easy to feel while listening. Some are heavier, deeper, you know. But they're great! :kickass: :devil: :worship:

or maybe I should write that the best is all You play live :Spin: hehe :D yeah... all bootlegs. They're the greatest hehehe :D

Every single Anathema album hits me like a ton of bricks. Alternative 4 was the one that I felt a sort of kinship with, however. EVERY SINGLE SONG perfectly describes the most difficult and trying times in my life. You don't have to explain anything in those songs or what they're about; it's obvious, at least to me. Fragile Dreams and Regret are so close to me that it feels like I wrote them myself. Betrayal...over and over and over again.

As far as albums as a whole, I'd say Judgement is my favorite...as a whole. One Last Goodbye made me tear up the first time I heard it, and I learned the solo immediately because I couldn't get enough of it. Anyone, Anywhere is probably my favorite, next to Judgement.

Angelica is my g/f's favorite of all time, and it's also one of mine. It speaks for itself.

Restless Oblivion just kicks ass...but my favorites on that album are probably Sunset of Age and A Dying Wish.

Sleepless, We the Gods, Sweet Tears and so many more of the really early stuff are really good too.

The new album is great...Closer, Are You There, shit, that entire album is amazing.

AFDTE was really good, a really big step away from Judgement. Reminded me of OK Computer from Radiohead. Of course, Temporary Peace is so beautiful that it's an understatement.

Amazing that this thread has been dragged up two years after it's composition, and that I have just checked the board for the first time in about six months.

You may be pleased to note that the girlfriend I refer to on the first page is now my fiance and we're getting married next year. This has been a huge fucking memory for me...