What's the fuck is wrong with you guys? (Sturgis rant inside)

I don't care who argues, it's fun to read. :) But seriously. I like to produce, mix, master, play guitar, sing, blah blah. I learned a HELL of a lot on here, still do. Made some good friends. This is a great place, people aren't perfect shit's going to hit the fan a lot. But that's life and that's no matter where you go. I still hold this forum pretty high up on the list of good places to go to learn. It's my number one stop actually. I know people that will go OUT OF THEIR way to make sure you understand something sometimes when you are a n00b. It's just you got to learn to relax a bit. People are going to off topic post, go into rants, (Sneap this, (it's his forum) Sturgis that...) whatever! Who cares? it doesn't hurt me any. I'm a fan of a lot of people on here. I'll say that. And yeah, I'm not saying your post is without merit or reason it is. I get where you are coming from. But MY point is, is that it's not thaaaat bad. At least to me. Not belittling your opinion at all.

TacticalFacePalm.jpg

i will admit to this one, but that post was too good to pass up replying to :D

Regardless of who comes or goes, this remains one of the best forums for audio production on the internet. I just wish these threads would die a slow death. We come here for discussing gear, production techniques etc. The last thing we need is more fanboys jumping to the defense of this or that person. Everyone makes their own bed with their career choices - we don't need to be hearing about it every second thread.

Yup good post Zeronaut.

The drum editing threads started on here the other day, Have been what i have needed for years! When i come across threads like this, this is what comes to mind

haterade-2.jpg

I like funny pictures but I can't find any original ones. So!!!

I'm flicking off a camera holding a rabid cat that's pissing on chuck Norris. Imagine it for me please.

In response to the OP's claim that nothing helpful is posted anymore... I think you're crazy. Adam's Reaper tutorials have changed my workflow dramatically. New information and tips are posted regularly, but bullshit threads like this one keep covering it up. Joey does what he does, he makes money and he's a good engineer. Nobody is denying that. Quite the fucking drama.

I'm not saying that there is nothing posted that's useful anymore.

I fucking LOVE this forum.
I'm constantly on it. Constantly reading, absorbing, etc.

Believe me when I say I know there is a plethora of information here, and there are a good number of contributing posters here.

But why does there have to be all this negativity?

I'm trying to point out that I have seen a fair number of "GTFO n00b, that's a dumbass question".

And personally, I just think that's completely uncalled for.

I dunno. This definitely is NOT a "whining thread".

I just think the integrity of the thread is lost when big posters come into a thread and basically tell everyone to everyone to fuck off with their big elitist attitude.

That's all I'm saying.

Regardless of how this thread turns out, I KNOW that this will remain one of the most resourceful and amazing forums out there.

Please don't get me wrong.