Whats the most ignorant thing you've evr heard?

Originally posted by Vim Fuego
[B

If you've read the whole thread, you'll see your friend started on me. I've got strong opinions on things, and I will back them up if challenged. I'm not going to accept something someone else tells me if I disagree with it. I was wanting to debate my point of view on Suffocation, but Papa Josh seemed more interested in calling me a poser and quoting me out of context than debating. [/B]

Where did I misquote you?

And lighten up, we know you can't help being a poser.. :lol:
Some people "are just born that way.":D

Get the joke yet?

I see a lot of people writing things about bands, genres, etc...

well here's one of, if not THE, most ignorant things I've ever heard.

This guy who works right near my work and comes over a lot to say hi walks in. It's Martin Luther King Jr. day. He says...

"Hey...you guys not celebratin 'Black Monday' huh?? (laughs) I'm no huge fan of that guy...everywhere he went, they rioted. Those people, his people...always rioted every time he came to a town. I tell you, that guy whoever shot him, did his country a service."

THAT was the most ignorant thing I've EVER heard...someone claiming the foremost leader in NON VIOLENT protest and civil right in the US incited riots wherever he went....last time I checked turning police dogs and fire houses on peacefull marchers wasn't considered rioting.

Normally I like this guy, he's in his late 70's, rebuilds Harley's, went skydiving for his 70th birthday. I was so livid I just bit my tongue and walked out of the room because I didn't feel like getting into a heated argument at work with someone I see practically every day.

When you said I'd said Cannibal Corpse were better than Suffocation. Look back again and you'll see I said Cannibal Corpse were better at gathering publicity than Suffocation, which is not the same thing. When you take my comment away from the original statement, it changes the meaning, which is the same as taking a few words from your post, also changing the meaning. See what I mean?

Actually, let's sum this all up, since you seem to have distorted the truth for your own...

You started by stating that Suffocation were tuneless, that there were so many bands that do and did it better, even Mortician. You called Suffocation dull as fuck and one dimensional, Frank Mullen a fucking awful vocalist, more monotonous than Chris Barnes.. what should we gather from that?

You went on to state that Cannibal Corpse has done more than any other band to bring death metal to the masses. For some reason, you decided to comment on Roadrunner dumping Suffocation... You stated that there is no way that Suffocation stands out from any of hundreds of brutal death metal bands. You used Cannibal as an example of bands better, so you said cannibal Corpse are BETTER than Suffocation.

And that to me are the words of a POSER.

Papa Josh,
Vim gave his opinion on a couple of bands, and has justified his arguments. It does not immediately require "Poser Alert!".
You have twisted what he's said about Cannibal Corpse.
You can disagree, but fuck, you've both gone too far.