Whats your favorite genre of metal and why?

I don't really have a favorite genre. I'm a big fan of progressive stuff like Symphony X and I also love thrash such as Slayer. I like power metal too but I'm really picky with what I listen to.

I don't really have a favorite genre. I'm a big fan of progressive stuff like Symphony X and I also love thrash such as Slayer. I like power metal too but I'm really picky with what I listen to.

If you like the harsh/badass vox of Kiuas, you should check out other power metal bands like Turisas (folk/power metal), and Wintersun (symphonic/extreme power metal).

Traditional Metal
Power Metal
Thrash
Traditional Doom

I will listen to other genres of metal though. My problem with death metal is the lyrics tend to gross me out. I liked it before but they didn't then. It's weird. I'll probably get over it again. I like black metal to some extent.

My all time favorite genre is probably thrash. I like it best when the bands have matured somewhat. So while I like the debut albums of bands such as Testament, Megadeth, Metallica etc I prefer the later stuff. I recently got into the retro-thrash trend as well. I never liked the neo-thrash/death-thrash genre though.

Some of my fav bands from the genre include Exodus, Coroner, Kreator, Bonded by Blood and Anthrax. I would also like to include Machine Head even though they have taen things a step further and cant really be considered a pure thrash band.

Its just the way thash can have a little bit of everything. Slower chugging songs, fast songs, harsh vocals, clean vocals, melodies etc.

My second favorite genre is probably death metal. I prefer it in the vein of Morbid Angel, Akercocke and Anata and not stuff like Cannibal Corpse (which I find to be boring most of the time).

i probably the odd ball here but my fav metal genres are progressive metal( i love jazz influienced metal) and post metal(atmospheric sludge/doom). i like some melo death and metal core. i really dig progressive/expiremental/ambient metal type of stuff.i like unique sounding metal ...