When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

Everyone does, BUT WATCH IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.
I adore the soundtrack to it, been listening to it a lot lately. Same person who did the soundtrack to Escaflowne, another anime I adore.

Yoko Kanno, anyone?

That woman is a genius, I wish I could meet her someday :cry: .

And well, there are tons of anime better than Death Note..., Bastard!!!, Record of Lodoss War, Akira, Escaflowne, Robotec, Gundam, Furi Kuri, and the list goes on and on.... .

If there is a better anime series than Deathnote I'd really like to know about it.

Some anime recommended (some very well known, some not so- horror, weird, psycholical, mystery, some action, etx):

Monster (great new series)!!!
(Serial Experiments) Lain
Ghost in the Shell
Trinity Blood
Night Head Genesis
Ghost Hunt
Gungrave
Claymore - I dunno if it is finished yet on japan
Elfen Lied
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Ouran High
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
Boogiepop Phantom - if u like Lain, u'll like this one
Pet Shop of Horrors
GTO
Blood/Hellsing
Akagi
Angel Sanctuary

If u wanna cry, try Kanon 2006, clannad

If u like historical drama like Rurouni Kenshin, try Gintama, Afro Samurai, Samurai Shamploo, Rose Ov Versailles (:rofl:).

Good old anime too:
Gundam (My fav are selftitled, Z, ZZ, X, F-91 mainly, not compared with the shit Wing series)
Hokuto No Ken I and II (Northstar's fist I think is on english)

Yoko Kanno, anyone?

That woman is a genius, I wish I could meet her someday :cry: .

And well, there are tons of anime better than Death Note..., Bastard!!!, Record of Lodoss War, Akira, Escaflowne, Robotec, Gundam, Furi Kuri, and the list goes on and on.... .

Yoko Kanno is one of the best composers ever, I adore her work so much. "Dance of Curse" and "Sora" are such good songs too. Then again the entire Escaflowne soundtrack (both series and movie) are masterpieces.

Some anime recommended (some very well known, some not so- horror, weird, psycholical, mystery, some action, etx):

Monster (great new series)!!!
(Serial Experiments) Lain
Ghost in the Shell
Trinity Blood
Night Head Genesis
Ghost Hunt
Gungrave
Claymore - I dunno if it is finished yet on japan
Elfen Lied
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Ouran High
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
Boogiepop Phantom - if u like Lain, u'll like this one
Pet Shop of Horrors
GTO
Blood/Hellsing
Akagi
Angel Sanctuary

If u wanna cry, try Kanon 2006, clannad

If u like historical drama like Rurouni Kenshin, try Gintama, Afro Samurai, Samurai Shamploo, Rose Ov Versailles (:rofl:).

Good old anime too:
Gundam (My fav are selftitled, Z, ZZ, X, F-91 mainly, not compared with the shit Wing series)
Hokuto No Ken I and II (Northstar's fist I think is on english)

Oh man, Claymore was <3.

I wish they would make the second season.

Claymore was some pile of shit. They built the whole thing up then made sure nothing happened. Infact if they ended the series before the final battle the same amount of things would've happened.

Don't you pretty much spend 24/7 working with them anyway? I wouldn't blame you in that case.
Pretty much, I'm on a semi break now. That's not why I get annoyed though. It's just really hard to talk to people about certain things when you know too much. That might sound arrogant, but it's true.

I would say I understand but I don't know what it's like as I'm not very smart :)

I understand what it's like.

I work on television media software for a software company. I usually get one of three different responses:

1. "You company X sucks because (insert reason here)." That's great. I don't care. Don't like it? Don't use it. Personally, I use a Mac at home. It's a job, not a religion. Variation of this is when nerds try to start OS wars. Extra stupid is when they try to do this as a way to try to pick me up. Uhm, no.

2. "Can you fix my computer?" No. "Why not?" Because.

3. "TV is EVIL! It is destroying society, watchers are all mindless sheep, etc." Awesome. No, I don't feel like I'm contributing to the downfall of civilization because I make sure people can watch 'Oprah' on their computers. Television (and all media, actually) is what you make of it; if you don't like it, don't consume it. At home I watch very little - primarily because I have it on all the time at work! :lol: (Work station of choice lately - CNN).

Same way we find out about bands like Borknagar, gotta look. :)

Likewise, with the exception of Cowboy Bebop most anime aired on American TV is horrible.

Exactly. I found all my anime and manga (before the powers of the internet) by going to comic book stores and checking it out. Believe it or not TV and Internet isn't the only source for these things.

I get and knew those (and so much more) anime via friends and bookstores. I got some 'otaku' friends (otaku : japanese word to fanboy, used on another countries like anime fanboys) who knows a lot ov them. Ov course when I was a little kid I saw Mazinger Z, Gaiking, Kotetsu Jeeg, Gakeen (the last three on the same show called here 'robots festival'), Gatchaman (G Force) and so mamy others.

It's easier to find good anime than good black metal bands I think.

Also, there's a lot ov websites where u can see entire series like Youtube but without the 10min /100mb restricted to upload.

USA TV sucks badly on anime shows. At least u can find here 5 or 6 channels (the Chilean ones btw) to see good anime and not the same series transmitted there.

otaku basically means the worst kind of nerd, it's a really insulting term to use. Everyone outside of Japan thinks it's cool to be called it because they think it means they've l33t anime skillzzzz.