When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

Robotech or Macross/Cavalry Southern Cross/Mospieda??? I prefer Macross and Mospieda (1st and 3rd original chapters from Robotech).

Well I meant "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross" : ) .

Isjungfrun said:
Yoko Kanno is one of the best composers ever, I adore her work so much. "Dance of Curse" and "Sora" are such good songs too. Then again the entire Escaflowne soundtrack (both series and movie) are masterpieces.

Agreed, the soundtrack of Escaflowne is simple :worship: . As usual the Japs trying to be Europeans/from the US, but the music of this one is great nevertheless :kickass: .

Ah yeah Lain is f*** crazy, as so is GITS (I love you Motoko...).

GTO is nothing short of amazing, every time I have doubts about being a teacher (I have a B.A. in TESL), I watch an episode and "BANG!" all the doubts are gone.

I really like Love Hina too.

Saint Seiya pwns :headbang: .

And well, Kozoure Okami is basically the greatest samurai series, ever. Fuck Kenshin, he wouldn't last two seconds against Ogami Itto-sama.

I'm quite the otaku/geek, I was actually one of the first ten members of the Anime Club Costa Rica (ACCR). The club has gone to pits, don't go to the reunions anymore. However, the movement is quite big here in CR. Actually, last Sunday was the "Kamen" (masquerade), a popular event in which there are various anime-related activities.

The scene has grown a lot (much more than the metal one...), to the point that the people who attend the events cannot enter because they don't fit :p . Rumor has it that the next Kamen will be in a stadium o_O .

I was watching the Metropolis movie (Gringo -US- version), and it still amazes me. And I still cry at the end :cry: .

About Seint Seiya, Just left 2 more OVA to end Hades wars...they'll be released on august, doesn't???

Defiance said:
The scene has grown a lot (much more than the metal one...)

Same here. I played bass once (and just once) on an anime event by request ov a friend. He needed a live band playing famous openings and stuff like that. I accept it cause after all he's my friend and was very funny, tho...Was the avant premiere for a Saint Seiya movie...Heaven's Chapter-Overture.

We played animetal like Pegasus Fantasy, one Naruto's openings (a little metal/punk one), slayers op, DNA[2]'s op Blurry Eyes (Larc en ciel is a very good band, great bassist ^^), Kotetsu jeeg op... I can't remember all songs but we finished it with a death metal version from Mazinger Z op.

btw: was the first time I saw otakus 'headbanging'... was scary o_O

bluewizard said:
I'm getting ino a Drama type show for once, The Sopranos, I watch it at 9 AM in the mornings. anyone else like it?

Sure, american mafia... I saw it and it's very good, being I a huge Godfather's trilogy fan (specially 1st chapter)

Defiance said:
And well, Kozoure Okami is basically the greatest samurai series, ever. Fuck Kenshin, he wouldn't last two seconds against Ogami Itto-sama

I'll search it, cause I've never heard about it. Kenshin was great until Shishio's fight. Then the story wasn't so interesting but fine, tho. The problem with kenshin was the annoying fanboyism generated after the TV transmission.

Afro Samurai is great too.

KAWAII NO DESU ^__________^ HYAK HYAK~ TEE HEE :rofl: ◕ ◡ ◕
菅野よう子モーニング娘。サタンです植松伸夫桜庭統石井妥師松枝賀子 & 江口貴勅林原めぐみ

KAWAII NO DESU ^__________^ HYAK HYAK~ TEE HEE :rofl: ◕ ◡ ◕
菅野よう子モーニング娘。サタンです植松伸夫桜庭統石井妥師松枝賀子 & 江口貴勅林原めぐみ

Funny thing that I know Japanese and that doesn't make sense, at all.

サタン = Satan, wassup with that?

o_O Bork induces satanism!

@ Allfather:

The name in the Us of Kozure Okami is "Lone Wolf and Cub," by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima. Do check it out :kickass: .

Haha yeah Death Metal versions of Mazinger Z opening are awesome, I remember one time two guys (Cradle fans dressed goth style) went on stage and sang it, awesome :headbang: .

There have been quite a few anime-metal concerts, but most of them were not very good. It was like the guys knew how to play, but had to have a paper to read the lyrics... :rolleyes: .

When I master the bass I'll do a cover of the opening of X by X Japan (always forget the name), the opening of Mazinger Z and a few Malice Mizer ones. And yes L'Arucu is quite good, but IMO X Japan and Malice Mizer are better :headbang: .

Oh well I think Kenshin was good up till after Shishiou, after that it was basically crap.

And The Godfather rules, especially the first one (Brando!). The second one is great too, ther 3rd one not so much (only the ending... :cry: ).

I know, I just copied and pasted random Japanese band names from LastFM :p

サタンです = Satan Desu
They mix J-Pop/Anime/Random Japanese noises in with Black Metal.
It's tagged as "jpop from the medieval forbidden castles of varg vikernes seductive japanese house maid".
Hahaha.

Time for some Polysics!
polysics.jpg

Mitsubishi Yamaha Iwo Jima Nagasaki Domo Arigato Mister Roboto.

Reminds me of the scene of "Not Another Epic Movie" (was that the name?). I always crack up in that part :lol: .

@ Isjungfrun:

"jpop from the medieval forbidden castles of varg vikernes seductive japanese house maid".

:lol:

Bloody Japs are nuts hehe :p .

Ah yes Destruction, they came here to CR once, great concert! I took a pic with the guys actually:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/454916773/in/set-72157600050301894/

Ticket to the concert of Destruction: $22
Beer: $2
Getting your Destruction cds signed, having a pic taken with the band, and actually speak German (much to their surprise) with them?

PRICELESS!!! :headbang:

Already seen Destruction, Scheimer crushed my hand by mistake and then bruised my face with his bass. It was a very small venue :p
He gave me a hug afterwards and apologised and promised to get me a drink at BOA (which at the time wasn't fully confirmed) but yaaaaaaay

Man I feel stupid today. Last night I popped two handlebars and we were drinking Everclear at my friends apartment. She passed out luckily, because soon afterwards I threw up all over the other room. Her mom is really cool, and also drunk, and she made me take my shirt off so she would wash the vomit off of it and my hair. :erk:

Already seen Destruction, Scheimer crushed my hand by mistake and then bruised my face with his bass. It was a very small venue :p
He gave me a hug afterwards and apologised and promised to get me a drink at BOA (which at the time wasn't fully confirmed) but yaaaaaaay

:headbang: that's really cool hehe.

Yeah Schmier is f** huge! I remeber when he went on-stage I was like: "Oh. He looks much smaller in the booklets. :yow: . "

They;re a great band too :) .

EDIT: Though Schmier is nothing compared to Snowy Shaw hehe. Check my flickr account, there's a pcik eith him there. At least with Schmier I didn't have to stand on my tip-toes to be on the photo....