When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I prefer SA to Candlemass, but I thought the last two albums were pretty :erk:.

I miss the day I saw them. We were right up to the stage with no stupid gate thing so mine and John's hair kept colliding into each other. I'm not just saying it because he's from here, but Robert Lowe is so much better than Messiah. He is kicking my ass on Embracing The Styx.

Hmmm I like both of them, I guess it depends on which albums you compare. Candlemass basically invented Doom Metal, but Lowe's vocal are certainly better than Messiah's. He hasn't been the only vocalist of Candlemass though, whilst Lowe has been the only one of SA.

Every time I listen to Arcturus (note: this morning!) I think about how stupid I was for deciding not to go to that gig last year, it makes me freakin mad :mad:

However I did end up with an interesting bit of memorabilia which may or may not be interesting to you guys. The Evergrey setlist I yoinked after the gig was actually the itinerary of Arcturus' last day as a band (Melbourne).

arcturusvf1.jpg

Btw, A bit of a dilemma. Opeth and Judas Priest are within a week of each other. I'd be mad to go to both as I have exams at that time, so I have to make a choice. So far, I'm thinking Priest as I doubt they'll ever come here again.

Also for the Arcturus fans here. There's an Arcturus original black metal logo Philosopher shirt on Ebay. Maybe some of you will be interested. :)

Ah man, The Wonder has gone from a song I didn't give a damn about and never listened to to my favorite on Epic, and I think Epic has overthrown TAC as my second favorite Bork album.

Ah man, The Wonder has gone from a song I didn't give a damn about and never listened to to my favorite on Epic, and I think Epic has overthrown TAC as my second favorite Bork album.

That's a shame, since TAC will always be #2 for me (#1 = Q, #3=TOD). Best song on Epic is "Future Reminiscence" of course. "Origin" after that.

Hadn't had much luck finding Arcturus' Shipwrecked in Oslo locally, until yesterday. Picked it up for a reasonable price. Mostly excellent (especially the Chaos Path and Alone) but Vortex falters on a few Garm-era baritone notes.

Don't get me wrong, Garm on Sham Mirrors is one of my favorite singers ever. But I HATE him on LMI. I can't even listen to Master of Disguise when Simen stops singing.

I did like him more than Simen on Painting My Horror though.

I listened to a song off the Borknagar ST today and I really like it, now I want to get that CD instead of The Archaic Course CD I've been wanting.
Well, it was yesterday when I was listening to the song a lot. :lol: