When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I just went about a week of not being online at all, it was different, I was on vacation in the Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee and had fun shopping, playing arcades, walking around, theme park type rides, sight seeing,even ice skating which is something I never do. And a week of not being online made my IM typing turn to shit. :lol: Oh well I'm back. :)

The reason Americans don't have a more standard name for their people as a whole is that their country is made up of smaller states which formed a union. Ergo, United States. If you want to know the national name for an American, ask him what state he's from. Maybe he'll be a Dakotan, or a Virginian, or even Hawaiian.

And America isn't a continent. It's TWO continents. :D

I just went about a week of not being online at all, it was different, I was on vacation in the Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee and had fun shopping, playing arcades, walking around, theme park type rides, sight seeing,even ice skating which is something I never do. And a week of not being online made my IM typing turn to shit. :lol: Oh well I'm back. :)

Nice, welcome back! :) The Smoky Mountains are really nice, maybe I'll go someday :) .

^It's fun, the mountains actually look a lot like the Ulver-Bergtatt cover, with trees all over them and there's a lot of smoke surrounding them in the morning right when the sun comes up.

Yeah, there are some mountains here that are "similar" :) , Braulio Carrillo for example:

0.87534600%201147276981.jpg

costa_rica_braulio_07.jpg

carrillo_2.jpg

Braulio%20Carrillo%20National%20Park2.jpg

braulio-carrillo-02b.jpg

:)

Boo! Those are in different states! I can't be arsed finding 5+ y.o. happy snaps of family trips there, so googling "Daintree rainforest" for Queensland and Huon pine forest for Tasmania, and you'll get a good picture :)

Btw, my room has an OK forest view, I'll take a pic when it's nice and sunny.

WIN
I went to Bloodstock Open Air (just this minute got back)
There was a guy camping near me wearing a Borknagar t-shirt so I went to speak to him.
He asked "Are you Caitlin? Asgeir's friend?". Apparently I am well known thanks to my band member stalking. :oops:

It's funny because it's true. I'm having trouble attending concerts or festivals without someone recognising me.
I had a good 4 people ask me if I was Caitlin during this festival, and overall I just kept bumping into people and getting a fuck load of hellos and free drinks.

I bought myself an Ihsahn jacket and Ulver t-shirt from Plastichead's store finally! So glad they had one there.
The Ihsahn' jacket is soooooooo soft and comfortable, just a shame it ripped on the day I bought it, ha!

Also not got many photos, my camera has broken and I've lost everything I took.

At Cait: What Borknagar t-shirt was the man wearing?
And what Ulver t-shirt and Ihsahn jacket did you get? I'd like to get an Ulver t-shirt with the old black metal logo but those are usually old/used/hard to find.

He was wearing a Quintessence shirt.
I bought a red Blood Inside t-shirt
and an Ihsahn - AngL jacket, the one that has Maria's design on it.

I saw at least 2 other people with Borknagar t-shirts, and 3 others with Solefald (including my lovely Robbie <3 )

One of the new Solefald shirts, or the extremely old one with The Linear Scaffold artwork?
When I once wore mine at a Mayhem concert, a guy was willing to pay 100 euros for it :lol: Since then I've kept it safe in my closet, for my and its own safety, hehe.

Red for Fire and Black for death.
We all had different ones too, it was amusing.

I had the girly red for fire tee.
Robbie had the male red for fire.
Some guy had a red for fire longsleeve
and then some sound tech guy had a black for death hoody :D