When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

Man I feel stupid today. Last night I popped two handlebars and we were drinking Everclear at my friends apartment. She passed out luckily, because soon afterwards I threw up all over the other room. Her mom is really cool, and also drunk, and she made me take my shirt off so she would wash the vomit off of it and my hair. :erk:
Sounds like a funny suitation.

I remember two years ago, my friends got completely wasted and had to be brought home. The next day I found out he got sick and his mom told him he ruined christmas. :lol:

You know, I never really noticed how awesome The Wonder is until now. What the hell is it doing at the back of the album? At the same time it's a perfect closer...

Does anyone here have any experience in playing Acoustic/Folk on Guitar? I'm learning Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times the song but the folky part after the slow chord riff is giving me trouble. It's too fast, I can play it but my hands can't keep that steady and I end up fucking up nd my arms and shoulders get sore and after 30 minutes of practicing at that pace I just can't play it anymore. Here's the riff.
G 2 2 0 0 2 2 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
D 0 0 3 2 0 0 3 2 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0
A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 2 3 2

That riff it's not so hard. On an acoustic guitar is very simple. On Electric you can do this:

-throw the pick/put it on your mouth and play it with your thumb-index-major fingers.

-using alternate picking like 5th string up, 4th string down, 3th string up.

then you got:
-----------2(up)---------2(up)-------0(up)------0(up)
-----0(dn)-----------0(dn)-------3(dn)------2(dn)
0(up)-----------0(up)-------0(up)--------0(up)

the same picking for the rest.

-----------0(up)---------0(up)-------0(up)------0(up)
-----0(dn)-----------0(dn)-------0(dn)------0(dn)
3(up)-----------2(up)-------3(up)--------2(up)

Try to find a compfortable position to play and relax your arm, do picking just with your wrist.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yes, I've been playing the riff all up strokes, I'll try out the alternate picking and if I get this song down I may try to do a cover of it. :)
I'm playing it on Electric by the way.

I received this message today from a random person on MySpace.

:p Naughty lassie. Looking at Mr. Cornelius's magnificent physique with your fantasies and day dreams of perverse disgraceful acts. Thou shalt be ashamed! I write to you not only to chide you your obvious lustful adoration of this fine man, but to dissuade you from trying to corrupt his pure spirit with your advances! Coquettish eyes and long sleek hair and all that. He will resist your charms mademoiselle strumpet! Furthermore, I like your hoody thingy and I was wondering what brand it was, and by what means you purchased it...

I lol'd

pft, believe it or not there are more people out there who love Cornelius!

Do they get to the amount of fanboyism that you get to :rolleyes: ? I highly doubt it hehehe.

@ Det som engang var:

:headbang: Lucky you! I wish I could see Candlemass once, but it's really difficult, those bands never come around here.

Damn, and with the KGI tour! With Robert Lowe! AHHHHH! I just love Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus, such great bands!

I wish I could go to that tour and the one of Testament+Mötorhead+Heaven and Hell.

You Yankees are so lucky in that sense *cries*.

I tried out the alternate picking thing and it works but it doesnt sound like the riff. The way I was doing it sounds just like it but I'm going to have to focus on learning other riffs for now, my arm and shoulders are so wore out I end up sweep picking the riff and it's not how I'm supposed to play it that way.
Also, I don't know how to pick with my wrist, just my arms and shoulders. I know I should have but since I'm a self taught player for 22 months some mistakes were bound to happen.

Do they get to the amount of fanboyism that you get to :rolleyes: ? I highly doubt it hehehe.

@ Det som engang var:

:headbang: Lucky you! I wish I could see Candlemass once, but it's really difficult, those bands never come around here.

Damn, and with the KGI tour! With Robert Lowe! AHHHHH! I just love Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus, such great bands!

I wish I could go to that tour and the one of Testament+Mötorhead+Heaven and Hell.

You Yankees are so lucky in that sense *cries*.

Oh man, yes you do! Testament was the best show of my life!

Yeah I saw Solitude Aeturnus here last year, Rob Lowe was amazing! And what a smoking hot girlfriend he has. I should go to Dallas and bother him when the tours over.

I tried out the alternate picking thing and it works but it doesnt sound like the riff. The way I was doing it sounds just like it but I'm going to have to focus on learning other riffs for now, my arm and shoulders are so wore out I end up sweep picking the riff and it's not how I'm supposed to play it that way.
Also, I don't know how to pick with my wrist, just my arms and shoulders. I know I should have but since I'm a self taught player for 22 months some mistakes were bound to happen.

Maybe the song is using triplets? I used to try to play them alternate picking and got confused.

You need to master the wrist picking first. Try to use the pick without moving the elbow.

Check the way he uses his wrist.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSzmaiMvsbc[/ame]

A way to use the pick

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XymP9kBd3TY[/ame]

I played the song with my both Gibson Les Paul and BC Rich Warlock and it sounds good with the techinque I said u before.

if nothing ov that works, send me a PM.

EDIT: If you get confused with alternate picking, then try to pick just down, sliding the pick down, not moving the elbow.

Oh man, yes you do! Testament was the best show of my life!

Yeah I saw Solitude Aeturnus here last year, Rob Lowe was amazing! And what a smoking hot girlfriend he has. I should go to Dallas and bother him when the tours over.

:worship:What do you think of the new album? And how come I never see you @ the Testament forum?

And yeah Rob Lowe is like ( :worship: ) *squared*.

I wonder if him being with Candlemass means we won't see a new SA; I really hope this isn't the case :( .

And that tour with H&H and the rest is nothing but amazing..., really I hope they record a show with all the bands playing.

It's like last year, with H&H's tour in which they invited Alice, simply amazing :headbang: .

I prefer SA to Candlemass, but I thought the last two albums were pretty :erk:.

I miss the day I saw them. We were right up to the stage with no stupid gate thing so mine and John's hair kept colliding into each other. I'm not just saying it because he's from here, but Robert Lowe is so much better than Messiah. He is kicking my ass on Embracing The Styx.

Wow, my dad is such a lucky bastard. After just spending a week on Iceland last week with my mom and some friends, this Tuesday he went to the Faeroe Islands with work. Just came home and fuck did it sound awesome.

I want to go to those places.