Where would you travel?

Originally posted by VultureCulture
don't tell me germany is the only place where one can buy this awful squished nuts also referred to as marzipan? bäh, this stuff is totally disgusting!
but you are right with the cities behaving like a town.
your language schools seem to be something like the german volkshochschule, am i right? you have to pay a small fee per course and can learn all sorts of things, from languages to computer courses etc.
i just speak 2 foreign languages (french, english), but i hadn't much training except for the strange technical terms used at work. my french is totally buried; i can still read and understand, but writing and speaking is gone... but i've never been into languages that much :)
Auf jeden Fall viel Glück bei deiner Prüfung im Mai! ;)

oh,Dankeschön!!! :)
No,hopefully there are many countries who make and sell Marzipan *yummy* I can't believe you don't like it!!!!:eek: :eek:
well,everything is a matter of taste = )))

Hmmm well something like the german Volkshochschule,but there you can learn only languages...

well,you can speak great german,so what more do you need? ; )

:D

jup, german is such a cool language :loco:
sometimes i can express myself better in english, for there you have much more words than german has to offer.
btw, germans tend to construct really strange things like "Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänsmütze". that's not really helpful for those who want to learn this language.

Originally posted by VultureCulture
jup, german is such a cool language :loco:
btw, germans tend to construct really strange things like "Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänsmütze". that's not really helpful for those who want to learn this language.

Well, in austria the word is "Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänskajütenbesen" :D

I want to travel to Iceland and to Norway, as i have started learning Norwegian(but im not quite good at it at the moment)...i also want to go the the USA some day...

#1 - always wanted to go to Australia, if for anything else, to say I went half-way around the world.

In my own country - Alaska & Hawaii

And I do like Canada - absolutely love Quebec City & Montreal, and would like to return to Vancouver, and see that big mall in Edmonton.

Personally, I don't get excited about the thought of travelling outside the U.S. I've been to almost every state in the U.S. (mostly when I was a kid), and would like to return to many. There is a lot of subtle cultural differences to be seen, and that interests me.

I have never left the United States :cry:. When I do it will hopefully be to Ireland or Australia.

I've been to Barcelona, that Gaudi dude sure was a weirdo, but he made some cool things!!

I went to the Isle of Crete (Kreta) this year, which was great!

Also been to Miami (not the big beach, I hate all that hello-look-how-rich-I am- bullshit, no offense).

I want to go to Brazil, I play capoeira (any capoeiristas here btw?).

Hey Ihsahn, where have you been in India? I am going there in january. Trekking in the south with the girlie hehe

I'm leaving for Canada in the wee hours of Saturday morning, but I've been there before a few times (I have family living in Toronto).

I'd love to go to Japan, the culture and lifestyle really fascinates me and I'd love to learn more about it. I'd also really like to go to England some day, if anything just to catch a couple of Premier League matches.

I'd definately like to go to Scandanavia. I mean, look at a country like Sweden - the climate, the social/democratic governmental system, the metal, the stereotypical blond haired, blue eyed Swedish babes... hell, Hockey's even strong there! I'd like to go to Ornskoldsvik, where Markus Naslund and Daniel and Henrik Sedin are from (the Captain and a pair of up-and-comers for the Vancouver Canucks), just to see what it's like. Everybody speaks english... I think I'd feel pretty comfortable there. I'd also have to hop across the border and visit the Thales crew in Helsinki.

I haven't been to Quebec myself, actually. I'd like to go see the plains of Abraham, where battles that determined the fate of this country twice occured.