Where's our shameless "I want a date" thread?

Alright, I'll bite!

I'm a 25 year old single mother of a 6 year old son who loves metal. (He has already met: Morbid Angel, Agent Steel, Satricyon, Disinter, Suffocation, etc) I'm short 5'4, I love long hair, leather, and wearing, chains, knee high boots and fishnets. (No drummers please! :oops: :D )

I work in the music industry, so the guy MUST understand I work with a lot of men. Also they must be able to talk "shop"... as my love for metal runs deeper than just listening to it.

Cheesy enough? :lol: Anyway, my buddy and I will be traveling down there on Thurs night... We're heading to the Meet and Greet... If anyone wants to hang out... Send me an email at: info@Nakedriderecordings.com Between now and Sept 14th and I'll send over my phone number.

I'm not really "Looking" but had to hop on the band wagon and be silly... So if anyone is traveling alone or just wants to hang out with more people shoot me an email.

Yes, that is me in my avatar, my hair is much shorter now... My picts are up in the "Show pictures of who is going" or whatever thread. So yeah. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Ballstorm said:
Are there any single women over 5'10" attending? I'm 6'5" myself so it would be nice to meet a woman that is semi-close to my height that likes Prog and Power metal as much as I do.

Sorry I'm not, but at least my buddy won't feel like he's the tallest in the area! The guy I am going with is the same height...

And as far as songs go, I get the Waynes world one "And her name was Cassandra..." It was HORRIBLE when I was dating a guy by the name of Wayne... UGH!

-MetalRose

What a shame. I'm an 18 year old guy coming down from Canada, but it seems like everyone here is about a decade older than me. :(

Nevertheless, I shall post a pic later on, probably tonight.

I'd want to hang out with a lot of you since you seem cool, but I assume that most people will brush me off based on my age alone, and not my gravitatingly awesome personality. :mad: Sucks not having friends to go down with.

Assuming that we'll brush you off because of your age isn't a product of a gravitatingly awesome personality. ;) Give US a chance, eh?

Megawozniak said:
What a shame. I'm an 18 year old guy coming down from Canada, but it seems like everyone here is about a decade older than me. :(

I'd want to hang out with a lot of you since you seem cool, but I assume that most people will brush me off based on my age alone, and not my gravitatingly awesome personality. :mad: Sucks not having friends to go down with.

I like 'em young! Hahahaha. :Rawr! J/K. Anyway, shoot me an email and we'll make arrangements to meet!

-MetalRose

Okay, I will be goofy and put my name in. I am 33, will be 34 on Sept. 19 so this progpower is my birthday gift to myself:Spin:
I am into almost all genres of metal minus nu rock and metalcore. I am so happy to see Pain of Salvation and I actually am psyched about all the bands. I am only least familiar about Kamelot and I haven't listened to the guys from savatage in awhile.
I will be coming to Progpower alone. I am coming from Arizona where I have lived since late '95. Michigan was home for most of this tattooed boy's life.

check out :
http://www.tattooedsean.com :wave:

So, you're 18. Most of us oldsters would rather say hi to ya and congratulate you for not falling into the miasma that is teenage music these days (hip-hop, nu-metal, etc.) :D \m/ Be proud.

My nephew, who's your age, just fell into the hip-hop trap with his band. All of his bandmates and friends were into it, so he didn't have much of a choice. A shame, too. I'd gotten him into extreme metal (Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, etc.) but...he fell.

MetalRose, we should get together just to swap TLD stories. :)

Haven't you young'uns ever heard "older women make better lovers," anyway? ;)

Alas, I'm not really single, just heading that way, or I'd make a cheesy post. Of course, my ex seems to be trying to find me a man anyway... he told me something about "holding on with one hand and reaching with the other" after the Rush show... lol

Shaye

Megawozniak said:

I've been in your shoes before. It's hard to find other fans in our age group (I'm only a year older than you). Take pride in being such a young fan! You're always welcome to hang with me and my friends.

I really don't pick an age group to hang out with. It seems that I attract people from as low as 18 to slightly older than me as I am THAT person that seems to be at every metal gig whereever I have lived.

I will be another person at progpower coming alone so don't take my "you are so lucky to be in a group of people" stares as that of a stalker:ill: :Spin:

I don't necessarily hang out with a certain age group either. Hell, the majority of my friends are quite a bit older than me. Even my boyfriend's got 5 years on me. And I'm perfectly comfortable hanging around some of my 30 year old friends too. Age is just a number after all--it's the personality behind it that matters. :)

There's gonna be tons of us single people at Progpower, what's great about PP is that everyone takes time to say hello to you even if they've never seen ya before.

Oh I'm getting weepy now, it's such a blessed event!!!!!!

Creeps said:
And I think we just passed the 1 month mark to go.. woo! :hotjump:

Looks like there's lots o singles goin', you're right. Should be a hellofa party happenin while we're there. I'll throw our room into the party mix at the Granada. Great people, great music and great beer!

Can I still party even though I'm in "the other" hotel?!? :wave: Please! I promise not to be good! ;) :lol:

And you're right, I'll be seeing all of you (hopefully) in about 4 weeks!

-MetalRose

The_Q foresees many board members wandering the halls of the Granada in a haze looking for the parties, hee hee/ Don't worry Metalrose just follow the smell of metal!!! BTW is there anyone here that doesn't (can't) drink that is still wanting to party? If so let me know, I feel so alone!!!

The_Q said:
The_Q foresees many board members wandering the halls of the Granada in a haze looking for the parties, hee hee/ Don't worry Metalrose just follow the smell of metal!!! BTW is there anyone here that doesn't (can't) drink that is still wanting to party? If so let me know, I feel so alone!!!
Hey Q, don't feel alone...I don't drink. Haven't for a couple of years or so.