Where's the Anathema board?

I really don't think Duncan is going to like not being able to post about why men, why women, why sex, lunatics, beer drinking, and football heros, and pics of football heros and the games, and more pics of football heros! And repenting topics for all our sinning.

nomana-nuniyan said:
I really don't think Duncan is going to like not being able to post about why men, why women, why sex, lunatics, beer drinking, and football heros, and pics of football heros and the games, and more pics of football heros! And repenting topics for all our sinning.

well, okay, this could be a way too (as it's been), but i'd prefer these themes to be kept at a low level.
btw i thought it had been an Anathema forum, ie I visited Theatre Of Tragedy forums because I wanted to have other people opinion about their lyrics etc. and not because I wanted to chat about hockey...

Chatting about hockey is nice but it's clearly offtopic and it's a bit disturbing once you have 9 topics out of 10 about hockey and 1 about the "spiritual depths where soul reaches absolute zero temperature yet refuses to die"

i hope you understand what i mean, i read it and understood it, so it gotta be pretty clean. (as Stan's hankie in Monkey Island 2 : LeChuck's Revenge)

coldwave said:
i'm not a native English speaker and not a linguistic professor but somehow it seems to me that most of you try to conceal your lack of English knowledge with words like shit, fuckin', etc.
I'd rather suggest you to decrease the presence of these expressions :) , it's no way similar to the world what the Anathema lyrics built up.

hiya Coldwave, welcome to the board(s).. :wave:

i cannot completely agree with you on the verbal (mis)use in these forums.
sometime's it shows a lack of subtlety, but i personally cant be bothered by werds like aforementioned by yerself. perhaps it doesnt really relate to the Anathema lyrics, but u cant tell me that the lads theirselves never curse or use 'violent' language. and that isnt really the question anyway.
i write lyrics, but in everyday situations i dont sound as a walking lyricwriter. and i dont have to. actually, you are the 1st i hear saying it bothers you. sorry, but i reckon in your cases it's just tough luck ;)

enjoy yerself here mate, but dont make it a habit :p

toolsofthetrade said:
i write lyrics, but in everyday situations i dont sound as a walking lyricwriter.
Well in tools. Imagine yourself watching a footie match, and the referee just stole a penalty from your team. Would you say:

"Fall into oblivion oh black referee!
Wounded is our player, wounded in the knee,
But your blinded eyes couldn't see...
They're blinded by those who corrupted thee"

:lol:

Welcome coldwave. :wave:

I think the lads would've been bored if we only discussed their work all the time. I mean, we do it reguraly, but not all the time.
Mostly I think forums are quite boring when they only discuss one topic all the time.

Welcome coldwave :wave:

coldwave said:
i'm not a native English speaker and not a linguistic professor but somehow it seems to me that most of you try to conceal your lack of English knowledge with words like shit, fuckin', etc.
I'd rather suggest you to decrease the presence of these expressions :) , it's no way similar to the world what the Anathema lyrics built up.

I'm a fucking linguistic professor so I fucking tell you after the verb "suggest" you're supposed to use one of the following:

a) Gerund, i.e. "I'd rather suggest decreasing the presence of these expressions" (but in this case this structure is not advisable);

b) Simple Present, i.e. "I'd rather suggest (that) you decrease the presence of these expressions";

c) Subjunctive, in this case identical with the Simple Present, i.e. "I'd rather suggest (that) you decrease the presence of these expressions".

d) The modal auxiliary "should", i.e. "I'd rather suggest (that) you should decrease the presence of these expressions".

In cases b), c) and d) the use of "that" is optional.

What you CANNOT use is Infinitive, i.e. "I'd rather suggest you to decrease the presence of these expressions".

Moreover, nothing justifies the use of the Simple Past in your last clause, that is, "it's no way similar to the world what the Anathema lyrics built up", as Anathema are still together and write music, therefore, the world the lyrics create is still in formulation, constantly changing and being added to as Anathema write more and more albums, so you should use either the Present Perfect, i.e. "the Anathema lyrics have built up" or if you intended to use the Passive, that's all right, but then you are supposed to say "it's no way similar to the world what the Anathema lyrics are built up of".

This is posh English, please abide by the fucking rules before you start smartarsing :wave:

Otherwise welcome to this fucked up shitty chatboard. :worship:

Dora said:
I dunno but I learnt in school that in plural we say "the Hungarian".. eh? :err:

Well, you say the English, the Irish, the Scottish, but it seems if it ends with "-an" you use it in the plural: "Why do some Ukranians hate Russians?", "Hungarians in Transylvania", etc.

it's really sad that i'm the first one you met who doesn't use 'fuckin'&co.' in every sentence. Make no mistake, at home or when driving with all those slow-mos around me :) I do use these too. But below I saw a lot of posts whose 'author' could have written his/her message without 'F*ck corporation'.

hm. anyway just do what you want, it was my opinion, nothing more

Nice Dhatura... (you know, there is a scene in Monkey Island 2 (you probably never heard of it) where the hero while inspecting his surrounding says: nice wheel-of-death, nice acid of pool...), so nice Dhatura, unlike you, I won't flood the forum with the analysis about your typos&other grammar errors you made. (Sticks and stones...)
Neither will I post 20 posts every day with zero content.

btw a forum!=a football match, but for example there's a forum with more than 100K posts about an online soccer manager game (Hattrick; anyone here playing HT? :) ), and you can hardly find anyone who talks in this f*ck-shit-etc manner.

i'm sorry but i won't stop using some words cos they may not sound good. what's the problem with words anyway? do they hurt anyone? no they fuckin don't!

coldwave said:
Nice Dhatura... (you know, there is a scene in Monkey Island 2 (you probably never heard of it) where the hero while inspecting his surrounding says: nice wheel-of-death, nice acid of pool...), so nice Dhatura, unlike you, I won't flood the forum with the analysis about your typos&other grammar errors you made. (Sticks and stones...)
Neither will I post 20 posts every day with zero content.

btw a forum!=a football match, but for example there's a forum with more than 100K posts about an online soccer manager game (Hattrick; anyone here playing HT? :) ), and you can hardly find anyone who talks in this f*ck-shit-etc manner.
Just accept that we are totally different. It is the age of ego-"Doom" and not the time of the good old adventures (R.I.P.) so **** seems to be more adequate now than doing good old poetry-fencing ;).

sol83 said:
i'm sorry but i won't stop using some words cos they may not sound good. what's the problem with words anyway? do they hurt anyone? no they fuckin don't!
i don't mind the fuck and shit- stuff, but i don't agree that words don't hurt

they can cut like a knife,...

@ dhatura: i wouldn't mind if you'd correct my mistakes, then this forum could turn out to be useful after all...:)