Which bands are you going to see live?

Well, Clive is regularly discussing things on Arena forum so it was known for Moviedrome even before the tour had started:) Beside that one they refreshed some old material like Welcome to the Stage, Tears in the Rain, as well as surprised the audience with On the Edge of Dispair. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to see it for myself...:rolleyes:

I didn't make it to go to see arena: we spent the whole day in the recording studio, and we finished recording drums at ten, being all quite tired.

Ah, ok, now that's a pretty good enough reason then I would say. You're off the hook this time. ;)
So are you the next one recording after the drummer?

Beside that one they refreshed some old material like Welcome to the Stage, Tears in the Rain, as well as surprised the audience with On the Edge of Dispair. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to see it for myself...:rolleyes:

It's a shame you can't catch them this time, but I'm sure you have in the past?
Instead you have this really cool summer festival coming up, with Pain Of Salvation and Threshold....

I've seen Arena live but being not too popular on Balkan I doubt they'd come nearby in the future again...As for POS I was on their gig too but am not impressed by their music that much.

As for POS I was on their gig too but am not impressed by their music that much.

I'm rather surprised you don't like Pain Of Salvation more, I could have almost sworn on it, by the kind of person you seem, but oh well. First time I saw them live, I didn't like them either (opening for Threshold!) but then later on CD - they BLEW me away. Maybe you should give them a try, best under headphones.... and don't chose "BE" to begin with. ;)

Other than that, Mick Pointer is doing a 25 Anniversary Tour of Marillions Script album - mightyly aniticipating this one! Any ideas who might do the vocals??

More about the Script anniversary tour see here (how much I envy you catching that gig!)

By the way what type of person I seemed?:) No, not the problem is I haven't given POS a chance, the idea of it is what I approve but simply the music doesn't touch me. It's not that I stick to one particular genre (which probably made you think that), it simply lacks something more that'd appeal to me (while Pendragon for example fulfill that condition perfectly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I caught Arena at Reading a fortnight or so ago... very good, John Mitchell had a superb guitar sound although Clive's keys could have been a tad louder.

Next up at the moment are;

Robin Trower - Southampton
Queensryche - Southampton
Isle Wight Festival (natch!)
Alice Cooper - Southampton
Summers End Festival

By the way what type of person I seemed?:) No, not the problem is I haven't given POS a chance, the idea of it is what I approve but simply the music doesn't touch me. It's not that I stick to one particular genre (which probably made you think that), it simply lacks something more that'd appeal to me (while Pendragon for example fulfill that condition perfectly).

By all my love and admiration for Pendragon (let's not mention their crappy stuff - or don't tell me you like ALL of their songs???), I still think that Pain Of Salvation have a lot more depth, intensity and passion (less crappy stuff, too) which I was almost certain would appeal to you for some reason (nothing to do with genres at all, more like with the way you write). :)
But if their music just doesn't touch you, then of course the lyrics cannot make up for it.
Or maybe, do try them again, their albums need attentive listening and sound crap and even annoying when played in the background (or when you hear them live for the first time), and then tell me what you think? I'd recommend an early one like The Perfect Element, or the debut, One Hour By The Concrete Lake.
I still bet you'd like them! :)

And thanks for the trailer of the Script's Tour - I had no idea there were quite familiar faces in the band!
The gig was simply fantastic, and I'm sorry you cannot catch one of the shows.
It's almost spooky how much the vocalist looks AND sounds like Fish!

Going to Jon Oliva's Pain tonight.... not so much because I like it (I think the vocals are plain dreadful - sorry, FG), but more as a night out with friends.