Which bands are you going to see live?

Doesn't really count as a gig but I went to the showing of Iron Maiden Flight 666 last night - if you have any interest in them then go and see it. It was bizarre being in a full cinema for a start and even more bizarre that most people were in Maiden shirts and drinking beer!

The Filmhouse in Edinburgh is even showing it again as this show was sold out.

Went to see it too. Pretty much all theaters showing it here were sold out. Apparently it was so sucessful that the promoters are thinking of showing it again!

I liked it very much.

On the agenda for me:

Kattfest, somewhere in August, Oklahoma City, OK, USA - bit of a tradition, no idea what bands are performing :p

Progpower Europe, 3-4-5 October, Baarlo, NL - tradition too, but very much looking forward to seeing Seventh Wonder play there. Not many bands announced yet though. The castle, the venue, the people...if you've never been to Progpower Europe, I definitely recommend it! There's a core of people that flies in from Sweden, England, Finland, Germany and Holland (not really flying) each year that makes the festival special, and the afterparties are like you've never seen afterparties before :p

Dream Theater + Special guests Opeth + Bigelf + Unexpect, 7th October, Rotterdam, NL - I'm a sucker for Opeth, and my friends really enjoy Dream Theater a lot, so yeah :p

Damian Wilson Band, 9th of October, Zoetermeer, NL - a must see, ofcourse!

It's going to be a very busy week for me, the second week of october :p Unfortunately I'm missing out on all the good metal festivals in europe, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my anual trip the US to visit my gf :p

Last three times I saw JOP (Graspop, Progpower, Weert) I thoroughly enjoyed the show, but thats a personal taste thing, I guess. The man is still a legendary performer, even though he hardly moves from behind his keyboard :p Would've gone this time around, but I'll be at Pinkpop on the 31st.

Upcoming gigs:

Manic Street Preachers 28/5
Blaze Bayley 30/5
Tyketto 8/6
Dream Theater 12/6
Dream Theater 13/6
Shinedown 16/6
UFO 24/6
Chickenfoot 25/6
Spinal Tap 29/6
Take That 1/7 (with family!)
James Taylor 6/7
Thunder 11/7
It Bites 26/9
Mott The Hopple 1/10
Mott The Hopple 2/10
Porcupine Tree 9/10
Spandau Ballet 20/10
Green Day 24/10
Green Day 1/11
Deep Purple 14/11

Cadillaaaaaaaaaaaacs!!! :kickass: :Smokin: :worship:

This is going to be the best concert of the year!!!

fabu.jpg

Well here goes

Just about to leave (staying in York tonight) then it's

Bruce Springsteen at Tampere (FINLAND) 2nd, Stockholm 4th and Bergen (NORWAY) 9th

More the genre of new UM member Blinded by the Light but all live music is good music! See you in a couple of weeks