Which cd did you just buy?

I just bought:

- Luca Turilli: The Infinite Wonders of Creation special limited ed. with Luca Turilli's Dreamquest Virus.

PURE BLISSLY GENIUS .

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Really, I can't believe how much i like Luca, he is simply AMAZING. My fave album will still be "Prophet of the Last Eclipse" hehe :headbang: :kickass: :worship: .

It's amazing how much he changed the style, he went form Electro-power metal to Sympho-power metal (with female vocals!).

I know that most people here don't like him, but you should guve this album a try, it's quite different compared to the previous ones. 'tis so different that even some LT fans dislike it heheee ( :puke: them).

And apparently I'm the only one buying cds lately hehe, though I will only buy Sepultura's Chaos A.D. and nothing more, so I can save up a litle bit for me trip to Europe :) :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :) .

Believe me, You're not. I've bought more CD's this month than I have in years passed... and for that reason I haven't been arsed to tag them all on here. Ones worth mentioning though...

To-Mera - Transcendental... If you haven't heard of these guys you will soon.

Mastodon - Bloodmountain... Best album yet. Very tech, but very catchy. Brilliant songs and cohesive in general.

Insomnium - Above the weeping world... Best melodeath album of recent years. End of. Never feels repetetive and keeps your attention, unlike most melodeath bands.

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side... These guys are to vikings what nile are to the egyptians... only like the viking race, slightly more retarded. Fucking ace though.

Moonspell - Sin/Pecado
Moonspell - The Butterfly Effect
DT - Projector
DT - The Minds I (deluxe ed.)
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

These are on their way to me, and I cant wait!

Nightwish - End of an Era DVD

Looks like they "left" still being on top. And Captain Jack Sparrow's figurine on the keys stand bought me right away (and first I though - why the fuck is Jack on the keyboards, where the fuck is Tuomas? :heh: )

A really great, atmospheric show, not a fucking concert, where the band is not just playing teh hits (Blind Guardian managed to pull that one off, though, and beats this DVD by atmosphere as well). Solid shit.

And no, I'm not Nightwish die-hard; I just used to fuck for the first time in my life when NW was on the playlist. Ouch.

Dark Tranquillity - Exposures: In Retrospect and Denial

The Mars Volta - Amputechture (as well)

DT cds needed: I need Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night, and a new copy of Haven (mine is very much scratched up, I bought it used a while ago and its only gotten worse). Otherwise I have all major releases (*pats self on back*). I also got some Nine Inch Nails recently, a guilty pleasure...

plintus said:

Looks like they "left" still being on top. And Captain Jack Sparrow's figurine on the keys stand bought me right away (and first I though - why the fuck is Jack on the keyboards, where the fuck is Tuomas? :heh: )

A really great, atmospheric show, not a fucking concert, where the band is not just playing teh hits (Blind Guardian managed to pull that one off, though, and beats this DVD by atmosphere as well). Solid shit.

And no, I'm not Nightwish die-hard; I just used to fuck for the first time in my life when NW was on the playlist. Ouch.

Hmmm "End of an Era". Wasn´t Tarja kicked just after the release of that DVD? Is that what the title is pointing at?

plintus said:

Can you tell something about how the DVD is cut? I heard so many people say that the concert is cut more like a video-clip, extremely fast (not in the way of "From Wishes To Eternity), so that you don´t get too much atmosphere, and that much of the background-videos would be shown, instead of stage action? Is it true, and if yes, does it matter to the DVD?

I would like to buy it, but apart from the missing money, this feedback made me doubt a bit.

fireangel said:
Can you tell something about how the DVD is cut? I heard so many people say that the concert is cut more like a video-clip, extremely fast (not in the way of "From Wishes To Eternity), so that you don´t get too much atmosphere, and that much of the background-videos would be shown, instead of stage action? Is it true, and if yes, does it matter to the DVD?

I would like to buy it, but apart from the missing money, this feedback made me doubt a bit.

I didn't see "From Wihse to Eternity", but this one is pretty much how you describe it (hm, I like it this way), but not extremely fast; background vids are shown all the time (well, on the screen behind the stage), but I'd say that adds to the atmosphere.

I'm kinda pissed by the crowd - scary chicks and short-haired guys with the same haircuts in similiar glasses, like fucking clones, really :heh:

Makaan said:
Eeeeviiil :heh:
Then again she seems to not have been such a nice bandmember, they really did kick here in a spectacular way. They haven´t found someone new yet, right?

Haven't you been following this at that time? I can't recall exactly, but Tuomas letter should be still on tehir site. No, so far they haven't found anyone yet... hard to imagine someone else, really (and I haven't been following them since 2002).

They ALWAYS missed Philly. Fucking management or whatever once, then it was the whole part of the tour due to Canadian visas problem or something, and then whole tour was cancelled :Smug:

Heh.. a few days ago DS and I talked about that and I found it'd be hilarious if Celine Dion joined them :D
And ever since, I cant imagine anyone else than her joining Nightwish anymore :lol:

Taliesin said:
Heh.. a few days ago DS and I talked about that and I found it'd be hilarious if Celine Dion joined them :D
And ever since, I cant imagine anyone else than her joining Nightwish anymore :lol:

Hm, that could be interesting :loco:

Fuck, gimme a break with Celine Dion.
I'm from Celine's native land and I'm so tired of hearing from her, on "how-we-are-proud-to-have-a-world-wide-known-magnificient-singer" who can't write a fucking line...... whatever :D
Her joining Nightwish? MOUHAHAHAHAHAHA It'll never happen ! :p

apart from the obvious reasons, Celine Dion can´t join them because she is kinda set on not_touring ;)

plintus said:
I didn't see "From Wihse to Eternity", but this one is pretty much how you describe it (hm, I like it this way), but not extremely fast; background vids are shown all the time (well, on the screen behind the stage), but I'd say that adds to the atmosphere.

I'm kinda pissed by the crowd - scary chicks and short-haired guys with the same haircuts in similiar glasses, like fucking clones, really :heh:

Thanks for the info then, I´ll keep it on my shopping list :)

(Edit: I still think concerts should look like concerts, and not like video-clips... but maybe I forgive it this time)

I can really recommend the "Wishes To Eternity"-DVD, it was said to be the first music DVD produced in Finland :D and the concert is brilliantly filmed, good crowd and everything, it´s from two consecutive evenings at the same venue, but more from the first gig. It´s one of the vids I like most.

The second one, End Of Innocence, is not meant to be a concert-DVD, but it does also contain live material, for example of a lousily recorded concert of a tired band in front of a desinterested/tired audience at the Summer Breeze - festival, so it´s basically just_alright. I have a much nicer video that a friend taped for me from Raumanmeren Juhannus (2003?), containing pretty much a full concert; it was on TV in Finland. So this new DVD better be really good :D But I have to buy some books first :cool:

fireangel said:
I can really recommend the "Wishes To Eternity"-DVD, it was said to be the first music DVD produced in Finland :D and the concert is brilliantly filmed, good crowd and everything, it´s from two consecutive evenings at the same venue, but more from the first gig. It´s one of the vids I like most.

The second one, End Of Innocence, is not meant to be a concert-DVD, but it does also contain live material, for example of a lousily recorded concert of a tired band in front of a desinterested/tired audience at the Summer Breeze - festival, so it´s basically just_alright. I have a much nicer video that a friend taped for me from Raumanmeren Juhannus (2003?), containing pretty much a full concert; it was on TV in Finland. So this new DVD better be really good :D But I have to buy some books first :cool:

Wishes and Innocence stand back to back in stores, I wasn't risking picking up any cuz heard one was very poorly produced and had sound problems (turns out it's the Innocence, thanks for the tip - I'm buying Wishes next time I'm shopping... in a few hours, I think :heh: )

The only "music video" thing I forgot to mention is slo-mo in quite a few places (that what actually annoys me more than the way it's cut). And since music video directors shoot movies in Hollywood (and that's quite something! in terms of picture - just grand.., but fuck Tony Scott - he's got to be on something!), making DVD like a music video is OK :D

End Of Innocence was made with a different purpose, its main part documents the band´s history, with bandmembers, often Tuomas, telling the story; inserted are a lot of pieces from gigs, also the first one :D and touring and backstage filming. It´s in Finnish with English subtitles.
I heard it was filmed with the intention of collecting material for a book by Mape Ollila, the same one that was released about now; but somehow they decided to make the DVD from it, and the book was pushed back to later, also of course new material had to be gathered. There is live stuff (meaning full songs, not just bits and pieces) on EoI, too, but as I said, additionally, and not in such good quality.
Probably that was also a reason why the new one is such a media overkill, because people had complained ;)