Which cd did you just buy?

well I liked Therion but after vovin I lost the touch to their music. but I remember, theli was interesting and good.
anyway today I bought the new ISIS album-In the absence of truth.
not so hard as the older stuff, more mellow and less harsh. but still fantastic
and I bought as birthday present for myself:
the 3 boxes of LOR-Extended versions, each for 12,50€ whoah.
the new solefald album is coming in 10 days, check the new songs here:
http://www.myspace.com/solefaldofficial if all other songs are like red for fire-black for death and necrodyssey hooray! :headbang:

Dont get me wrong, but I think its got something to do with age and with certain refinement of taste in music that comes with it. It really depends which album from a band you heard first I think. For me it was Lepaca Kliffoth, which I liked very much, but it was Theli that blew me away completely. I liked Vovin, too, but I couldnt help feeling a certain stagnation worming into the music. And, as Villain said above, the following albums only proved it, the one I like most is The Secret of the Runes, but thats it. Therion has become a typical Nuclear Blast band, releasing records that sound almost the same. Whats even worse, he seems to believe that hes some kind of modern incarnation of Richard Wagner, and thats just plain stupid.

Whats even worse, he seems to believe that hes some kind of modern incarnation of Richard Wagner, and thats just plain stupid.

:lol: While I won't disagree with that, I think that Sirius B and Lemuria were a good step away from Secrets and more towards a Theli-esque sound. It's obviously not really that much alike, but for a basis of comparison I think it works.

And Vovin really is one of those albums that I listen to now and like completely different songs on it from when I originally heard it. Back then, Venus and Sodom were awesome (though I loved Wine as well), but now I'm all into Raven of Dispersion.

~kov.

:lol: While I won't disagree with that, I think that Sirius B and Lemuria were a good step away from Secrets and more towards a Theli-esque sound. It's obviously not really that much alike, but for a basis of comparison I think it works.

And Vovin really is one of those albums that I listen to now and like completely different songs on it from when I originally heard it. Back then, Venus and Sodom were awesome (though I loved Wine as well), but now I'm all into Raven of Dispersion.

~kov.

I actually havent listened to Sirius B/Lem. yet. Maybe Ill give it a try then.

~kov.

Hell yeah!!! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

I particularly like nowadays the "Draconinan Trilogy," it's soooo melancholic :cry: .

marduk said:
I actually havent listened to Sirius B/Lem. yet. Maybe Ill give it a try then.

You definetly should! I think your kinda of a jerk because you said those things about Therion, but you haven't heard the last two albums. They're really something, do check them out! :headbang:

You definetly should! I think your kinda of a jerk because you said those things about Therion, but you haven't heard the last two albums. They're really something, do check them out! :headbang:

A bit ignorant maybe, but a jerk? Ah, the bliss of those that dont realise how many times they couldve been labeled, but for SOME reason they werent. Now guess what the reason might be.

I cant fucking wait.
Sorry to say, and perhaps to save you from some disappointment...or at least to make your amazement tenfold when you discover the greatness of the album...both of the Lokasenna songs are pretty much like the one on Red For Fire, except with music. Strings mostly, so not that interesting. What really pains me is that Loki Trickster God has the same music as White Frost Queen. I mean wtf, what a disappointment it was. And Garm doesn't sound that good...doesn't sound like the part, or rather the music, suits him, as ironical as that may be.
On initial listens I feel pretty much the same about this one as about Red For Fire: Two very good songs (Sun I Call and Crater of the Valkyries on Red For Fire, Red For Fire + Black For Death and Sagateller on this one), and the rest has its moments but doesn't have the spark. And hearing White Frost Queen too much gives me a headache, though I do like the song.
Underworld is pretty good/funny though. Jazzy instrumentals that make no sense in the context ftw (or maybe I would need to know the story some more to understand some story/music connection to the playfulness of the song). But I mean, it's better than metal that sparks no emotion.

I want the new Sturmgeist goddamn it, but the people sharing it never have free slots. And the music stores don't want to give them out for free, before you make that oh so snappy remark.

Sorry to say, and perhaps to save you from some disappointment...or at least to make your amazement tenfold when you discover the greatness of the album...both of the Lokasenna songs are pretty much like the one on Red For Fire, except with music. Strings mostly, so not that interesting. What really pains me is that Loki Trickster God has the same music as White Frost Queen. I mean wtf, what a disappointment it was. And Garm doesn't sound that good...doesn't sound like the part, or rather the music, suits him, as ironical as that may be.
On initial listens I feel pretty much the same about this one as about Red For Fire: Two very good songs (Sun I Call and Crater of the Valkyries on Red For Fire, Red For Fire + Black For Death and Sagateller on this one), and the rest has its moments but doesn't have the spark. And hearing White Frost Queen too much gives me a headache, though I do like the song.
Underworld is pretty good/funny though. Jazzy instrumentals that make no sense in the context ftw (or maybe I would need to know the story some more to understand some story/music connection to the playfulness of the song). But I mean, it's better than metal that sparks no emotion.

I want the new Sturmgeist goddamn it, but the people sharing it never have free slots. And the music stores don't want to give them out for free, before you make that oh so snappy remark.

I wanted to buy it anyway, I dont share your opinion on RFF, so I guess Ill leave it to my own judgement.

I was thinking of buying Meister Mephisto at Relapse, but I dont feel like it now. Whats the name of the new one?

Just bought Doomsday Machine from Arch Enemy, gonna listen to it as soon as I get home. I already heard Nemesis, My Apocalypse and Machtkampf of someting like that XD and it's great stuff.

^ Cool, great buy, I'll probably buy it when I go to Europe, hofentlich the price will be down by that time :Smug: :rolleyes: :zombie: :p .

It's really fucking expensive hehe.