Which cd did you just buy?

hyena said:
evanescence - the open door

it's not great in general - too many poppy tunes. but the song 'lacrymosa' is worth buying the album. delicious, really. 'lithium' is good, too.

The more I listen to this album, more I like it, really.... Just can't stop, her voice keeps haunting me hehehe ! Lacrymosa and Lithium are in fact great songs ! I like "All that I'm Living For" too :)

When I went to see emperor in london I decided to do some shopping in the capital.

Vehemence - Helping the World to See
Disillusion - Gloria
The Forsaken - Arts of Desolation
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Converge - No Heroes
vintersorg - Visions from the spiral generator
Devin Townsend - Terria
Blut Aus Nord - Mort
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Xasthur and Leviathan's Split

Pretty intense haul.

Will be looking for Therion box-set today (4 DVDs + 2 CDs or 10 hours of music). Heard them back in 1998-1999, it's time to catch up, I guess =)

Yeah, Ive been thinking about that, too. I mean, although I stopped listening to them after Vovin (I love the previous albums, especially Lepaca and Theli are magnificent), this kind of box set is really interesting. And the reviews are good, even by people who otherwise bash Therion.

My most recent purchase is Vile - The New Age of Chaos, and the new Vader should arrive pretty soon.

I bought entire Viva la Bam on DVD :) Now I need to buy some time to watch it all (I didn't see seasons 4 und 5).

Hooray for iTunes. Ran out of music for my trip to Boston later, so:

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
In Flames - Whoracle (I think this is the first time I've ever had this whole album...)

Any other quickie recommendations before I leave?

~kov.

Nah, 's ok. I like them, but Im not a huge fan. Chuck's voice needs some getting used to and their music in general is very difficult to get into, too. Often enough I just dont have the patience or concentration to enjoy them fully so I listen to easier stuff :p

No problem, kov. As I said, it just popped up in my head. I am not a die hard fan of Death (pun intended) either, but on the other hand, I like that particular album a lot.

I only got into Therion in 2000. Sirius B and Lemuria are pretty damn good cds, I have to say. Though I still love Vovin (my first of theirs).

~kov.

Haha 'tis the same with me, Vovin was Therion's first cd I ever heard and owned. And I still think that 'tis their best and that 'tis a total masterpiece.

I remeber that when they came here I was the only person who was headbanging/singing to " Wine of Aluqah " ( :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :cry: :headbang: ) and " The Wild Hunt ."

The 1st is my fave Therion song, ever.

And Therion is going to release thir new album " Gothic Kabbalah " pretty soon (January the 16th).

And they have fucking Snwy Shaw on vocals o_O :headbang: :worship: :kickass: :Smug: , whic makes me thiink a bit of how the sound of the album would be... .

And Mats Leven will sing also :headbang: . Man I love that guys voice, 'tis just great!!!

@LBRH: You should really check out Theli, it owns Vovin in every aspect. Lepaca Kliffoth is also really really good. The older stuff is a lot different from what they do now, so I dont know if youd dig that.

I used to be quite a big fan of Therion back in the day. Lepaca Kliffoth was their first good album with some great songs (Melez especially) and very silly lyrics, but it was Theli that hit me the hardest - back in 1996 I had heard nothing even remotely like it soundwise. I still listen to Theli now and then, even though the album as a whole is not as great as some of the songs. Which plagues all the other Therion-albums as well: Vovin has only a couple of good songs (the first three) and the rest are rather weak and monotonous; on Deggial pretty much half of the songs are very good and the other half crappy. Secret of the Runes was their last album I bought, it was more even quality-wise, but could not keep me interested in the band any longer.

I might take a look at the DVD-set, but I feel a bit bad with myself for "growing out of" Therion - it feels like I've abandoned an old friend because we no longer shared the same hobby. Okay, that was probably the crappiest metaphor I've ever used, but my point is that I can easily understand why people like Therion, but I just don't like them that much anymore.

-Villain (the master of crappy metaphors)

@LBRH: You should really check out Theli, it owns Vovin in every aspect. Lepaca Kliffoth is also really really good. The older stuff is a lot different from what they do now, so I dont know if youd dig that.

Yeah, I've obviously heard every Therion album, and Theli is certainly great, but Vovin will always be my fave because 'tis was the 1st Therion album I ever heard, so I am emotionally attached to it :) :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :rolleyes: .

I also dig old Therion hehe, I have "Beyond Sanctorum" and I like it vey much. Basically I like every Therion album ever released hehe :headbang: .

Though I must admit I am quite intrigued on ho the new one will sound like, I mean, because Snowy Shaw sings gutural (like In Notre Dame I think it was right?) AND clear vocals, but Mats Leven mostly sings clear vocals. Hence this makes me wonder if the new album will be kinda like old Therion (concerning the "rough" style) in some songs, and symphonic in others.

It'll defintely be something interesting.

Oh, and forgot to put on the last post this:

I just bought...:

Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side (ltd. ed.)

Wrath of the Norseman

:headbang: I am such a viking :rolleyes: :headbang: :kickass: :puke: :worship: :p .

@Villain: You should feel bad, Therion's an amazing band. And I don't agree with you when you say that the rest of the songs of Vovin are boring, I found them to be beautiful, you should listen to them again (specially "Draoninan Trilogy", simply perfect :cry: ).

And haven't you heard Lemuria/Sirius B, they're astonishing albums!!!