Which cd did you just buy?

Kathleen23 said:
I am really close to finish my DT collection too :D YAY !!!!!

This album of Apocalyptica is a 2-disc "best of" with unreleased stuff, Angel of Death (Slayer) in studio, and songs with singers on the second disc (Max Cavalera, Sandra Nasic, etc)... I love this album!

Yea I finished my collection like a year ago. I even have their ep's and one demo.:headbang:

Tenhi - Maaäet
Strapping Young Lad - Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing re-release

About the Tenhi, they make some really beautiful music. Very soft and a good atmosphere. Often I don't really get their lyrics though.

recent buys
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World and This Godless Endeavor.
In Flames - Lunar Strain & Subterranean

MetalNoob said:
Atheist- Piece of Time
Mastadon- Levatation
King Diamond- Aibgail (remastered)
Terror 2000- Terror for Sale
You really butchered that.

Mastodon - "Leviathan"
King Diamond - "Abigail"

There you go. :)

Enslaved "Ruun"
Katatonia "Brave Yesterdays"
Porcupine Tree "In Abstentia"
November's Doom "Pale Haunt Departure"

Dark Filth Fraternity - The Book of Clear Light

beautiful, stoner-rock-ish metal, kinda melancholic. It was weird to listen to some songs I know from the demo, because they not only were re-recorded with better production (which did them well) but also some melodies were changed, which is a bit irritating, but maybe I just have to get used to the new arrangements. The record has excellent songwriting, and gets better with every spin.

The booklets have free-form translations, at least the ones for Väre and Maaäet. Often you can in fact make out some of what the lyrics mean from the translation, since the original is obviously more cryptic. But then again since they're translated free-formly, you can't do that too much.

Just bought during the last week:
1- In Flames - Used & Abused... In Live We Trust
2- In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape
3- Kalmah - The Black Waltz
4- Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer
5- Dark Tranquillity - Of Chaos and Eternal Night
6- Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future
7- Opeth - Deliverance
8- Opeth - Ghost Reveries

"Originally Posted by MonochromaticStains
Recent buys

In Flames Come Clarity

My advise, pawn that (or even better, recycle it), and buy this instead:

Quote:
The.Jester.Race

In Flames - Lunar Strain & Subterranean

'Tis much better"

thanks for your invaluable advice, however I already own it. as I do everything IF has released that I can get in the USA.

I like CC not their best disc but a solid disc IMO.

Thanks for your concern though...

Illnath said:
Before the dawn-The Ghost..Wonderfull album for fans of Katatonia/Dark Tranquillity.:kickass:

I agree that it´s a great record, I have it, too :)
Did you know that Before The Dawn actually toured with Katatonia? :cool:

Just got today (didn´t buy it though): Lacrimas Profundere - Filthy Notes For Frozen Hearts.
It reminds me a lot of Sisters Of Mercy plus 69 Eyes & HIM, but I have to admit that the singer has a beautiful voice and that they do know how to write really pretty songs :D

@ MonochromaticStains:

Ah well ,then go ahead and listen to the old records. Yer most welcome :heh: .

Just bought...:

Lve like Blood: Enslaved + Condemned (Ltd.Ed.)

Hahaha well, what can I say? I misunderstood the title, stupid me. I thought it was a work between the bands Enslaved and Condemned (don't know if the latter exists, but I love the 1st one), making Gothic Metal/Rock (since it was on the label "Hall of Sermon"), so I was like WTF? Enslaved making Goth Metl? Preposterous! Impossible!

That's precisely why I bought it.

Turns out, the band's name is/was? Love like Blood, and the name of the release Enslaved + Condemnded.

So what I got was a weird gothic rock, progressive metal (which I :puke: so ye know), with Death Mtl. vocals and "The Cure" style vocals. If that isn't enough, sometimes the drumming is pretty thrashy. Oh yeah, and there's emo-like vocals on one song.

So as you can tell, this has been a most weid adquisition.

But in the end, what matters is that I like, doesn't it? Well, I'm not really sure, 'tis too early to tell, though there are quite a few sopngs that I like, I've only heard it once and with the mentality of finding Enslaved, so I'll have to listen to it again.Yet I'm sure I'll like it pretty much.

Weird, most weird.

Magyar Posse - Random Avenger

Very nice, beautiful muzak. Great use of synths and violin along with the ordinary rock instruments. Just simply beautiful, well-flowing instrumentals. I suppose this is post rock, but since I know little of the genre I'm not good at defining bands as such. Certainly one of the more energetic groups though. Godspeed! You Black Emperor bores me. So if that's you, maybe try this.