Which cd did you just buy?

Jack Frost- self abusing uglysex ungod
Smashing Pumpkins- earphoria
The Who- the ultimate collection
Motorhead- no remorse
Fudge Tunnel- complicated futility of ignorance

Just downloaded the new Soilwork. Very different, but I think I like it. Halfway through now and I already like it more than I liked RtR after the first 5 listens...

-Humanure (still hunting down 'Damnation')

Just bought Skyfire - Timeless Departure. awwwesome..
also bought Ajattara - Itse which isn't very good, i just went to the store and bought it cause the cover looked good, listened to the first song and it was awesome so i bought it.. too bad the rest of the songs arent very good..

i need a quick advice. i saw "Terminal Spirit Disease" (At the Gates) for sale at 8.50€. is it a good deal? i have only one At the Gates album, "Slaughter of the Soul", which of course i like a lot.

Miolo

@miolo: you're going to like it if you like sots. however, there aren't many songs on tsd since the last three are live recordings with poor sound quality. i know you're a dream theater fan so you probably can't stand technical creat... errr.... imperfection :p just consider the price vs. quantity factor.

rahvin.

The Kovenant - Seti
Solefald - In heremonia universall

Just ordered those 2, The Kovenant will be out later, so I will have to wait until 2nd of april or so to get them.

i am considering to get an emperor-album. any suggestions? i haven't heard anything from them yet, but all talk about them was positive so far...

VultureCulture said:
i am considering to get an emperor-album. any suggestions? i haven't heard anything from them yet, but all talk about them was positive so far...

I would say:
Prometheus - The Discipline Of Fire & Demise

It was my first from them and quite like it more than the others...

on that note, has anyone suggestions for Troll, any good?

hahahaah, um no, I think she is occupied with other things, I mean one of Hellhammers bands called Troll... :)

and on the same note, Ulver, what kind of music is it? Black metal I asume, but anything close to it in resemblance...

ulver: totally depends on the album. either it's folk, or black metal, or a mixture of both, or techno ;)
btw: you got icq?

VultureCulture said:

My suggestion would be Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. You get the best of two worlds: some traces of black metal Emperor mixed with their new sound. It's also epic as hell time and again.

I just got Riot - ThunderSteel in the mail. Superb classic heavy metal with Bobby Jarzombek (now in Halford) on drums.

NP: Dissection - The Somberlain

Onde Erik said:
My suggestion would be Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. You get the best of two worlds: some traces of black metal Emperor mixed with their new sound. It's also epic as hell time and again.

bubu...I agree on that....Anthems is definitely a very very good album to start with...quite Epic with very nice melodies but also raw sound..
The only emperor i've liked a lot,btw...

Salmy: as for Ulver,everything depends on the album as Vulture said...
The only albums that have sth to do with metal are "bergtatt" (the debut), which very beautiful BM full of melody, and "Nattens Madrigal" which could very well be characterized as horrible noise by many people due to the shitty production and the ultraraw BM sound.
More details on Bergatt,if you feel like you can read on a review I've done for http://www.metalnorth.net
If you want details about the non-metal albums, i can post some comments....i like talking about Ulver :)

~trollie~ (waiting for the new Solefald album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) )

Melancholia said:
If you want details about the non-metal albums, i can post some comments....i like talking about Ulver :)

~trollie~ (waiting for the new Solefald album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) )

But of course I want more info on them :)
Now, I have to say, Borknagar, Virgin Black and The Kovenant have been playing the most on my system for the last 2 weeks... So I guess, I am going more into the experimental BM direction...

Also spinnning and waiting for the new Solefald, as well as new The Kovenant :D