• Oden's drink Scotch

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Bourbon

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Only true warriors of steel drink this:

woodstock.jpg

:worship:notworthy:kickass::kickass:

If this is a matter of exposure I think this should validate my argument somewhat. This is just what happens to be in the bar at the moment in the non-bourbon whisk(e)y variety.

scotchoo9.jpg

There's a bottle of Glenfiddich and Evan Williams 15yo bourbon in the vault with our name on it if you're keen to turn Ferretstock into a battle of the top shelf brown spirits.
Wattowned, my apologies mr Ferret i'll never doubt your alcoholism again. Ive tried more expensive bourbons which are quite nice but still don't stack up to the mighty scotch. Even some cheaper Bourbons that aren't well known are better then Beam old crow, cougar etc

If this is a matter of exposure I think this should validate my argument somewhat. This is just what happens to be in the bar at the moment in the non-bourbon whisk(e)y variety.

scotchoo9.jpg

There's a bottle of Glenfiddich and Evan Williams 15yo bourbon in the vault with our name on it if you're keen to turn Ferretstock into a battle of the top shelf brown spirits.

That makes me thirsty , i'll take you up on the 15 year old stuff if Watto doesn't.:kickass:

Your right Beam is much much worse :) you guys are fags i'm leaving this forum and you faggy drinking types, nah i'm just kidding how good is this holiday stuff. But seriously Bourbon = fail and you are all gay poser types I use to scull bottles of 385ml bottles of beam when I was 15 thinking it was the shiznit drink all the cool kids drank untill my old man introduced me to the mighty scotch never once looked back. True story you fools could learn lots from my drunken tailes

Your right Beam is much much worse :) you guys are fags i'm leaving this forum and you faggy drinking types, nah i'm just kidding how good is this holiday stuff. But seriously Bourbon = fail and you are all gay poser types I use to scull bottles of 385ml bottles of beam when I was 15 thinking it was the shiznit drink all the cool kids drank untill my old man introduced me to the mighty scotch never once looked back. True story you fools could learn lots from my drunken tailes

I thought you were 15 though:erk:

Jack Daniels (which is actually not technically a bourbon).

To be a Bourbon Whiskey it needs to have at least 51% corn in the distilled mix, has to be aged at least 2 years in virgin oak charred barrels, etc. Jack Daniels isn't aged in virgin oak charred barrels but filtered through sugar maple charcoal.

There aren't any distilleries left in Bourbon County (Kentucky) so don't believe the myth that Bourbon has to be made in Bourbon.

To set a few straight, the Irish invented Whiskey, distilling basically the fermented grains used in beer (rye, malted barley, etc.) three times, so the Irish Whiskey is the original.

The Scots say that may be so but it was a Scotchman in Ireland that invented it and the Scots don't need to distill it three times if you do it twice properly. The Scots also decided to drop the 'e' and spell it Whisky.

Bourbon Whiskey is a different drink - as I mentioned it has mostly corn in the original mix - which was readily available in the US at the time. Once the oak charred barrels have been used they sometimes end up going overseas and used to age Scotch.

Me, I like all dark spirits to an extent, my tastes change as I go along, Johnnie Walker Black almost tastes like a Bourbon to me and I've had a few lately, prior to this Jameson Irish Whiskey was my choice.

Sometimes I find Cola ruins the stuff especially the pre-mixed cans, some go better with Cola than others - Canadian Club in cans - phooey, the drink on its own - not too bad. I can't stomach Johnnie Walker Red though one night I found myself throwing back a few JWRed pre-mix cans.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed = rocket fuel.

s

Bourbon Whiskey is a different drink - as I mentioned it has corn in the original mix - which was readily available in the US at the time. Once the oak charred barrels have been used they sometimes end up going overseas and used to age Scotch.

Referring to Pete's original post; the only thing that makes Jack Daniels not a bourbon is that it's filtered before it's aged, hence the two being so similar.

If you think Wild Turkey is rocket fuel I need to bring you a couple hip flasks to the next co-attended gig.