Who are you going to vote for?

Vote who for you will?

• Total voters
If Bush didn't get shot, Obama's not going to get shot. You people are retarded sometimes.

Why are your candidates always religious? Even that Obama guy who seems fairly clearheaded is religious. Is it hard to get elected if you´re not openly religious or something?

It's pretty much impossible to get elected if you don't at least put on a good show for the religious crowd.

If Bush didn't get shot, Obama's not going to get shot. You people are retarded sometimes.

Well, pissing off radical Muslims is a bit different from pissing off bigoted rednecks. The rednecks don't have to sneak into the country to get to their target. Plus, there's a lot more of them here already.

people who say mccain is like bush are funny. just because mccain supports the war doesnt mean he's like bush. mccain is a moderate. bush is not.

you've all fallen for the dem's strategy to win the election.
~gR~

He was a moderate in 2000. He's become more and more and more and more like Bush every year since then. Now at best he's a moderate conservative. He's certainly a better option than Bush, but pretty much anything is a better option than Bush.

people who say mccain is like bush are funny. just because mccain supports the war doesnt mean he's like bush. mccain is a moderate. bush is not.

you've all fallen for the dem's strategy to win the election.
~gR~

Well he does want to continue a few of Bush's programs iirc, but I can't remember which right now (not including the war, which no Democratic candidate can just whisk us out of). But you're right, he's become more moderate over the past year or two.

How is this the Dem's strategy to win the election though?

What do the Repubs here think of McCain being the Republican nominee but also being very moderate instead of very conservative?

I think I would rather he be more conservative on some issues. I would prefer that he had a stronger border security/immigration stance. I feel comfortable with how he will select judges, based on interpreting the constituion rather than making judgements based on an agenda. Regarding gay marriage, one man can't do much to oppose virtually all of hollywood and the media, who are pushing the agenda of nationwide approval of that lifestyle. Regarding abortion, I think he is pro-life. Not sure how hardcore he is on that. Regardless, I don't vote solely based on moral issues. I am not sure of a lot of his other views and how they compare to the consrvative model. I like the fact that I feel he will be the right man for the job when it comes to defense and international relations/foreign affairs.

Someone proposed that McCain's changing political views is due to the fact to win the republican nomination you have to be more conservative, but to win the presidency you have to be more moderate to get the independent vote, so he might try to go back to being moderate for the election.

Well he does want to continue a few of Bush's programs iirc, but I can't remember which right now (not including the war, which no Democratic candidate can just whisk us out of). But you're right, he's become more moderate over the past year or two.

How is this the Dem's strategy to win the election though?

bush is very unpopular. by painting mccain with the same brush, theyre hoping they will transfer the hatred to him/all other republicans

What do the Repubs here think of McCain being the Republican nominee but also being very moderate instead of very conservative?

i think he's ok. but i think he's too liberal on some issues, and too conservative on others.
~gR~