Who Are Your Favorite POLITICAL Bands?

This whole thread makes me realize that metalheads should be running the country, lol. (Deathklok?)

Seriously though, I spend an inordinate amount of time on political messageboards, primarily focused on the economics end of things, and I can honestly tell you guys that the conversation here is generally more civilized and sensible than virtually anything I see or read on these other forums. Even though there is obvious disagreement between many opinions, there's a level of respect that we don't see in politics in general. So, yeah. Screw lefties & righties - next year, I'm voting (M)etal.

I guess just to clarify things, I'm a relatively libertarian-minded guy, heavy interest in Austrian Economics and a large proponent of very small, limited government (although I don't condone complete Anarchy either), so it's been cool to see this thread here.

Since it's time for confessions, I would define my political point of view as a balanced mix between extreme conservatism and anarchist fanatism, both with undefined proportions.:D

I'm strongly interested in political philosophy (I owe a good library at home).
Nowadays, I am fascinated by the paradox and contradictions of the mainstream revolutionnary political movements (don't forget I live in France, a country where there are many different radical parties). More than parties quarels, I think the most passionating things today rely to the polymorphic nature of the global political ideology (I often call it the Matrix:devil:) which is able to incarnate every role, from the leader to the opponent, from the oppressor to the exploited. The way the System turned everyone, including the most radical opponent, into revendicative consummers, is remarkable.

To go back this thread, I think rock and metal say very important things about this metapolitical structure. I once wrote a little essay on Black Metal, for example, whose political contents are often very extreme. I had came to the conclusion it expressed, in a tough and immature way, the "unsaid" of the postmodern revolution (after world war II), the so-called "counterculture".
This counterculture had to present itself under a very attractive form to exist as a recognized movement. Doing it, it sold itself to the Spectacular System. This is the first act of the play. Counterculture had to use the System's infrastructure to spread its dissolvant ideology, and the System (name it Global Democracy or Capital) needed that destruction rhetoric to rebuilt a society in which interpersonnal links would exclusively work under the System paradigm, i.e. based on a trading model.

The main point of my essay was : Metal and especially Black Metal said the unconscious destruction project of the postmodern culture, défined as an alliance between Capital and Revolution.

That's also why I'm deeply convicted that our music is a very important artistic movement. I would say that any important band may have a political position. Even when you only talk about dragons, you are expressing statements about the real life.