who do you want to see headline in 2013?

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
first....read carefully

lets be very realistic....this time around no over seas bands. No bands that are broken up and stuff....so no Cirith Ungol or crazy huge guarantee bands. lets keep it realistic.

lets see what you have....

it is hard to find a band that isnt a crazy price so I wonder what people think on getting a band that will keep the people there till the end. I think honestly any of these bands below could keep enough people there or bring in people who would not ordinarily come to a fest like this....

Christian Mistress....they have a big buzz going on right now with them. Who knows thier touring plans for the next year but if they dont plan on doing much this could be a decent enough headliner to bring people in and you will also add the hipster crowd if the fest is in the city.

Slough Feg....a worthy headliner who put on an amazing live show.

Manilla Road....while not a fan I think they would keep people there and draw decent on thier name alone.

it is hard to find a band that isnt a crazy price so I wonder what people think on getting a band that will keep the people there till the end. I think honestly any of these bands below could keep enough people there or bring in people who would not ordinarily come to a fest like this....

Christian Mistress....they have a big buzz going on right now with them. Who knows thier touring plans for the next year but if they dont plan on doing much this could be a decent enough headliner to bring people in and you will also add the hipster crowd if the fest is in the city.

Slough Feg....a worthy headliner who put on an amazing live show.

Manilla Road....while not a fan I think they would keep people there and draw decent on thier name alone.

I really think Christian Mistress would be good for the fest, but not in a headliner capacity (if that's even possible). Sure, they have some good buzz going for them, but I think they really are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of band and aren't the type that will guarantee people to stay. Like I said in the previous thread, I think they're good for diversifying the lineup but I don't know about them headlining the fest.

The other two I've already said would be good.

Fates Warning would be cool but maybe out of budget? And i think because of the current Arch/Matheos thing people would be more interested in that and would want to hear John singing the best songs instead of Ray.

Manilla Road would be badass, its been awhile since theyve played Chicago. Are they expensive though? i could see them maybe commanding some money.

Slough Feg I would love to see, lets get them on one of the nights.

Fates Warning would be cool but maybe out of budget? And i think because of the current Arch/Matheos thing people would be more interested in that and would want to hear John singing the best songs instead of Ray.

Manilla Road would be badass, its been awhile since theyve played Chicago. Are they expensive though? i could see them maybe commanding some money.

Slough Feg I would love to see, lets get them on one of the nights.

Slough Feg is a must. One of the best live acts out there.

Think Fates Warning would attract people?

They aren't as big of a draw as you would expect. They didn't pull in THAT many people when they played progpower and usually when they have their own dates in the states they don't have many in attendance. One of those great bands but at least here have never been all that popular.

ARCH / MATHEOS (See their setlist from KIT, and reconsider any comment that they WOULDN'T fit the fest. Furthermore, you want to attract folks who haven't been to the fest, right?)

THE GATES OF SLUMBER (While many here might NOT agree, this fest is lacking an appeal to the doom dogs).

SAINT VITUS

PENTAGRAM

OMEN

MANILLA ROAD

JAG PANZER (For an official farewell gig)

CIRCLE II CIRCLE or JON OLIVA'S PAIN (assuming either would do WAKE OF MAGELLAN or MOUNTAIN KING in its entirety)

CIIC or JOP? Is that what you are referring to?
I did make the caveat that it would have to be for a unique type of performance.

I mean given that logic, couldn't WIZARD have been a potential PP booking someday?

CIIC or JOP? Is that what you are referring to?
I did make the caveat that it would have to be for a unique type of performance.

I mean given that logic, couldn't WIZARD have been a potential PP booking someday?

That and to some extent Arch-Matheos. Actually, JOP would probably work if they stuck to the old stuff. Wizard gets a free pass just because their whole catalogue is tailor-made for a fest with this name and run by dudes called Thor and Odin.