who do you want to see headline in 2013?

you would be surprised with some of the money some of these bands think they are worth. pathetic.

Yep,
Well, the issue is that many long running bands follow the simple economic equation. They "think" the demand is high, so they play out VERY infrequently to drive up their asking price.

Sure - it works for some bands, but not for most.

I think what most bands fail to realize is that metal shows here in the States is NOT a rare occurence. Even if BAND A who hasn't played in 20 years finally comes to the area, they are still competing with 5 other shows that week.

Yep,
Well, the issue is that many long running bands follow the simple economic equation. They "think" the demand is high, so they play out VERY infrequently to drive up their asking price.

Sure - it works for some bands, but not for most.

I think what most bands fail to realize is that metal shows here in the States is NOT a rare occurence. Even if BAND A who hasn't played in 20 years finally comes to the area, they are still competing with 5 other shows that week.

exactly. it is funny. I think bands that have been around for a while and dont play the states think that they can get that extra money but like you said....they have so much competition out here. Even at a rare show it doesnt even mean the turnout will be good. I think also with some of the older bands....you are getting like 1 original member and hired guns then.

Yeah, that too is an interesting point.
The metal scene though seems to be pretty immune to seeing a classic band with only one original member.
I guess people are glad to get what they can get.
I mean, even though only Tatler is still around, I was still pleased as punch to see Diamond Head last year