who do you want to see headline in 2013?

PpcOv.gif

not tryijng to fight but it is an odd statement to make for someone who wasnt there. His fest were a mess, but he got great bands. The one year Jason and I went we had....Vio-Lence then moved over a stage and watched Seven Witches, then back to the next and got Exodus and then Dragonlord.
The next year we got Enslaved, Windr, Naglfar, Mistweaver and Susperia all back to back. The next day I was able to see Nuclear Assault, MOD, and a bunch of others back to back. Sure there was a lot of crap bands but it was always a great time.

Eh I know what you mean but that stuff is metal 101. Everyone knows about those fests and the reputation they had. I've had some great times and seen some great bands at shows that started three hours late, bands didn't get paid, bad sound, cops arriving, etc. I'd never call that a well-done show, professional, whatever, but fun? Yeah, absolutely. I would have loved to see Windir for sure.

More money, more people, more everything, oh and MDF has been talking with Pagan Altar ever since the Rites of Darkness fiasco in Dec 2010. I just hope they scoop up more of the bands that were supposed to play that fest. MDF is a great fest, lots of fun, very well run, always solidly booked. Not sure why there is so much hate for it on this board. It's not a Koshick show. Plus they've had these kind of bands before with Pentagram in 2010, Anvil, In Solitude, Ghost, Saint Vitus, October 31, etc etc etc

What about WASP? They have already started announcing the dates for their 3-set world tour starting in fall.

(Probably too expensive and tried already by other fests) but a Heavy Load reunion would be cool too.

Of course Cirith Ungol.

I also don't recall much hate for it. The reason I never looked into it before was I could only afford to go to one fest per year out of state. Now, due to the new job things are different.

It's just interesting how they are slowly getting more doom/traditional stuff in that fest, which is a good thing.

It's just interesting how they are slowly getting more doom/traditional stuff in that fest, which is a good thing.

They know what the people want.
Its good to see that people are opening their minds to different things.
I dont know much at all about the death metal scene but I haven't heard anyone rave about a new DM band since HAIL OF BULLETS.

They know what the people want.
Its good to see that people are opening their minds to different things.
I dont know much at all about the death metal scene but I haven't heard anyone rave about a new DM band since HAIL OF BULLETS.

Dead Congregation fits the bill.
Released a modern-day classic in 08 or 09, slot at MDF in 2011, headlined the first annual MARTYRDOOM fest this past July in NYC, and did a tour out to the west coast.

Other recent-ish death metal bands to receive universal praise include Grave Miasma, Cruciamentum, Vasaeleth, Necros Christos, and Morbus Chron (recently signed to CM actually). Morbus Chron's especially worth checking out and is probably the most accessible of these....they are like a perfect mix between Autopsy and old Entombed. They do a great job of making their influences clear but not ripping off anyone while putting their own spin on things.

that is true. My pictures didnt come out that day.

And you still blame me to this day!!!!!!!!!

Brian - I will take your word for it. I really know very little of the DM scene.
Just seems there aren't as many new bands widely spoken of as there were 10 years ago. As I said though, I think a lot of people are branching out genre wise which is a good thing.

Ragnarokkr seems to be on track to branch out this year too.

Not sure if anyone here has interest or would want to see them at the fest, but I read on FB about a club looking to book LOUDNESS.
Must be touring. No idea what month though.

Loudness would rule. One of my favorite Metal Memories is walking into a thrift store when I was 15 in suburban, soccermom land, browsing through the $1/each vinyl section, and finding 'Thunder in the East' along with some other dollar bin bands like Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Rush, Motorhead, and Megadeth. Those were my first vinyl purchases....

Loudness would rule. One of my favorite Metal Memories is walking into a thrift store when I was 15 in suburban, soccermom land, browsing through the $1/each vinyl section, and finding 'Thunder in the East' along with some other dollar bin bands like Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Rush, Motorhead, and Megadeth. Those were my first vinyl purchases....

Nice,
You still have any of those vinyls?
If you have any interest in selling or trading, let me know.

I do still have em, but not getting rid of them any time soon. The quality isn't the greatest anyway. Honestly, a lot of those records were pressed in such mass quantity that you could probably pick em up in decent condition on the cheap. Do you use discogs at all?