who do you want to see headline in 2013?

As I've stated before and I'll say it again, Voivod and Solitude Aeturnus. Voivod definitely is a popular underground band who I think would keep people there. They also hardly ever headline in the states. Solitude Aetrutnus as for doom bands go are the cream of the crop. While they may not draw as much as Voivod would, I do think they'd be a good pick. Another band that never headlines or tours for that matter in the states.

I think a headliner should be a band that is out there with something to promote.
For example, OBSESSION is in the news since they just released the cover to their new one.
Last year, many people didnt even know who they were.
HELSTAR on the other hand had a recent release that received good reviews.
The end result was a modest, but VERY enthusiastic crowd, which resulted in one of the best live performances I have ever seen.

That being said, bands who are currently working on new material or have stuff coming out or with a semi-recent release that would fit could be:
VOIVOD
UNISONIC
PAGAN ALTAR
OZ
GEOFF TATE : THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE!!!

Voivod and Solitude Aeturnus

Love both.
VoiVod would definitely bring people in.

From Mike's FB posts, the bottom line is that the headliner needs to be someone, regardless of the rest of the fest, who will bring people in.

As much as I would love to see Solitude, I don't think they would achieve the sales numbers the fest needs to continue as a going concern in the future.

my picks and who I have been pushing for

Voivod (classic Dimension Hatross set)
Nuclear Assault

Nuclear Assualt are on hiatus and dont plan on doing any shows for a while.

I think Doro would draw well.

Bands like Solitude Aeturnus, Wolf and a few others would be great but not the numbers Mike is banking on for a big crowd but those would be solid headliners if he was going for a nice solid 200 people. But who knows....there has been offers for sponsorships from various people with certain bands.

DORO I think would be a very solid pick.
I think she has a new one coming out.
For the record, per ENTER THE VAULT, she is planning a return to the States.

DORO I think would be a very solid pick.
I think she has a new one coming out.
For the record, per ENTER THE VAULT, she is planning a return to the States.

I think she is living in the states. That creepy guy ( we know who) mentioned something about her living on the east coast or something. I could be wrong.

Riot on financial grounds??????????
Well, if Riot from NY are going to be too expensive, then I assume that would eliminate most overseas bands, unless there is some heavy sponsorship.

Maybe I simply don't recall, but maybe RIOT quoted an outrageous price.